Autodesk empowers innovators and engineers with the software they need to imagine, design, and make anything, across every industry you can think of. If you feel excited by the opportunity to wake up every morning, knowing that what you do, has a direct impact on shaping our world then come and join us at Autodesk!
We are recruiting recent and upcoming graduates, that have the talent and ambition of becoming skilled software engineers, to join us at our UK headquarters in Birmingham.
During the 12-month rotational graduate-programme, you get the opportunity to work in a variety of Agile Scrum teams, each made up of 5-8 experienced software engineers, as part of a larger software development team working on Fusion 360. You will have the opportunity to connect with over 140 other Fusion 360, design and manufacture, developers in an environment that is both challenging and rewarding. We offer a wide range of challenges – from writing toolpath algorithms in C++ to developing web components in Typescript – providing the training and environment that will help you grow to become the software developer you aspire to be. As your skills develop, expect to take more initiative in developing solutions that are faster, more powerful, and more productive.
Our staff are our biggest asset, and we work hard to ensure that we get the best from each individual and that they get the maximum from us. We offer competitive salaries, company share awards, a company pension scheme, flexible working, private medical cover, an annual incentive scheme to allow all our staff to share in our success, and various other benefits to support health and wellbeing. We encourage our staff to get to know each other, out of the office, with subsidised social activities. For those graduates wishing to work towards professional registration we provide support for IET and IMechE chartered status with the support of our existing Autodesk Chartered Engineers.
- Following your initial training, you will be given every opportunity to use your knowledge and enthusiasm on projects covering every aspect of the software development cycle.
- Engage with Agile and Scrum working practices.
- Develop and maintain Unit Tests.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure new code conforms to standards.
- Use source control and Continuous Integration platforms such as GitHub and Jenkins.
- Minimum 120 UCAS points (2017 UCAS tariff scale) and predicted 1st or 2:1 degree
The Ideal Candidate
- New graduates with 1st or 2:1 degrees in subjects like Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or Engineering
- Passionate about developing software for cutting-edge applications.
- Programming experience at some level, preferably using a C-style language (eg. C, C++, Java, C#), is desirable, but not essential.
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.