hat you’ll be doing
Working with the Health, Safety, Security and Wellbeing team, you’ll support the review of company performance and any changes to legislation or external guidance and advise of changes required to standard & company management system.
During the apprenticeship, you will:
- Work in partnership with Severn Trent managers, staff and third parties to deliver pragmatic health and safety solutions that are compliant with company health, safety and wellbeing standards.
- Undertake assurance of business unit safety performance through analysis of performance information, manager support meetings and site monitoring & audits.
- Be comfortable analysing information and data to identify trends and insight into health and safety performance and areas for improvement.
- Develop relationships with reporting tool owners and ensure all incidents are accurately recorded and reported.
- Develop knowledge and expertise that in the long term will allow you to provide coaching and support in matters relating to Health, Safety, Security and Wellbeing.
As an apprentice, you’ll get exposure as we facilitate investigations into as requested by the Health, Safety, Security and Wellbeing Business Lead.
The starting salary for this programme is £16,807.
Training and Development
Your apprenticeship will allow you to develop the skills and experience that you’ll require to become a Health & Safety Technical Expert. During this time, you’ll combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training to gain your level 3 apprenticeship. Upon completion learners will be able to join the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) at TechIOSH level. They will also be eligible to join the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) at Affiliate level.
To help you drive and own your career progression, we’ll provide you with Personal Development Plan. This will be set and agreed with your line manager and reviewed regularly in performance reviews.
This apprenticeship follows the apprenticeship standards set out by the Institute of Apprenticeships(opens in a new window).
The skills applicants need
We’re looking for people who’ll demonstrate curiosity. You’ll be able to grasp and learn things quickly, learning from your own and others experience, to improve performance in the future. You’ll be someone who is motivated by a strong desire to help us in our vision of keeping our colleagues and customners safe, taking pride and ownership of appropriate tasks and actions, knowing that what you do, makes a difference.
Developing knowledge and expertise during your apprenticeship, you’ll be someone who enjoys taking an analytical approach to analysing information from various sources, using this knowledge to inform robust solutions and decisions, demonstrating courage to see tasks through in their entirety. As a Health & Safety function we have a duty of care for all employees across our business. You’ll be someone who is genuinely interested in people, seeking to understand their drivers, needs and expectations.
Wonderful for all
We’re building an inclusive company. We’ve created a culture that encourages all of our people to think of every single day as an opportunity to do something better.
Our most ambitious goals depend on forward-thinking ideas, no matter who they come from. As employers, we welcome people from all walks of life and promote diversity and inclusion.