As part of a fast-evolving, $365 billion global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals. Our two year Foundational Development Programme is unique in the industry and offered to all our graduates. This includes a multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance modules delivered by our global subject matter experts through to a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client facing skills.
Sponsored by the Willis Re leadership team, the programme also provides access to senior mentors and a “buddy network” to support your wider career development, with ample networking and experience-building opportunities.
This foundation programme is part of a world class Learning Academy that supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
Willis Re also fully sponsors professional qualifications including the CII and CFA Level 1.
Willis Re brings together advanced analytics, risk transfer and transactional expertise to provide advisory and consultation on how risk portfolios impact performance, and execute on those capabilities to deliver improved financial results for our clients.
Our broking and analytics colleagues, including actuarial, financial and catastrophe modelling teams, operate globally and work in integrated and dynamic teams.
As a Graduate Catastrophe Risk Analyst, you will therefore be immersed in all aspects of catastrophe risk management work from early in your career, including:
- Report preparation and client presentations
- Data auditing & cleansing
- Developing expertise in catastrophe modelling software
- Operation of financial modelling software
- Interpretation of model outputs
- Use of catastrophe models; both commercial and in-house software
- Real-time reporting and analysis of natural disasters and supporting clients post-event
Willis Re is also an inclusive and diverse business, so you can expect to work in and learn from culturally diverse, multi-location teams on a regular basis, working on varying projects and client accounts, which include some of the largest, multinational companies in the world.
Is this position right for you?
Successful candidates will have strong analytical and numeracy skills, and also a talent for communication and all-round commercial awareness.
A minimum 2:1 in a numerate subject is required, such as engineering, hydrology, applied mathematics, natural sciences, geo-sciences or related subjects or equivalent qualifications. You will also need:
- Good IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, with a high degree of competence in MS Excel
- Ability to convey complex information clearly
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Ability to build strong internal and external business relationships
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
- Flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Be a team player
- Desire to take early responsibility
- England - London
- Various UK Locations