- From induction, you will become an integral member of a highly successful team. You will be assigned to internal and customer-facing projects, having a direct impact on the success of Capacitas. To accept this level of responsibility we require students who are able to demonstrate enthusiasm and professionalism in their role.
- This will be a unique experience for you, as placement with Capacitas will give you the opportunity to apply theory to practical business issues.
About the role
Projects will include:
- Providing support to our senior consultants on client engagements
- Delivery of consulting services to our clients
- Development/improvement of our operational support services to enable the continued growth of Capacitas
- Accompanying the senior consultants on client visits
- Defining requirements to enhance our software services
- Research and development activities
In addition, you will be expected to engage in ancillary activities such as:
- Dealing with customer enquiries by email and telephone
- Administration of the company’s email system, ERP system
- Building test environments
- Maintenance of our cloud-based services
- Maintenance of the Capacitas public website
- Some clerical duties
- Researching topics specific to ICT capacity and performance management
You must be aware of the end-to-end application lifecycle from requirements gathering, through design, development, testing, release and maintenance. You will be a self-starter, diligent and an individual who has a track record of managing their own workload. You will be a strong problem solver who can work independently, with support available when required.
The following skills would be desirable:
- Windows operating systems
- Microsoft Office packages (to advanced level)
- Basic knowledge of SQL
Any of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Understanding of cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Unix/Linux operating systems
- Understanding of Queuing Theory
- Understanding of Regression Analysis
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft .NET
- Agile development methodologies
If you would like to be considered for an Industrial Placement position within Capacitas you must:
- Be in your penultimate year of study at university
- Be studying an information or communication technology-related degree
- Have a prospect of gaining a 2:1 or higher with a strong academic record
- Have good theoretical and practical experience with information & communications technology
- Have a minimum of 280 UCAS points or equivalent
Please submit your application through https://www.capacitas.co.uk/application-form, indicating ‘Junior Analyst’ as the position applied for. Applications will be dealt with on a first come, first served basis. Interviews will be held at the beginning of the new year.
Capacitas reserves the right to close this vacancy if a high number of applications are received. If you are interested in this role, please submit your application as soon as possible.
- IT Consulting
- England - London