We’re probably the biggest name you’ve never heard of. You’ve almost certainly eaten our food – you just didn’t realise it! As global leaders in the fresh prepared food industry with over 16,000 employees, we create innovative products, including meals, soups, dips, salads, desserts, pizzas and bread for customers including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose in the UK. We’re ambitious, full of ideas, and we’re keen to find more people who share our passion for quality food to join us. We’re looking for the next generation of talented individuals to join Bakkavor and drive our success.
As well as being the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, we also have a growing international presence in the US and China. Our headquarters are in London, and we have 19 factories in the UK, 5 in the US and 9 in China.
If you share our passion for great food and our strong values, then this company is for you!
We have a diverse range of career opportunities and programmes available for you to kick start your career and make a real impact in the food industry.
Our Manufacturing Management Graduate Programme
Manufacturing Operations is the core of the business, and is responsible for delivering high quality, innovative products to our customers on a massive scale!
On our new 3 year Manufacturing Management Graduate programme you will develop the skills and knowledge to become a great team leader, maintaining and setting high standards for operational excellence, food safety and health & safety, as well as developing high performing teams. You will have supervisory responsibility from an early stage. We will give you exposure to food manufacturing across several sectors and you will gain a wide range of skills and understanding of how our factories operate and how to manage and develop people. As potential future leader, we have high aspirations for you and will support you all the way, making your journey enjoyable and fulfilling.
Within 5-7 years of starting, with strong focus, hard work and development, you should be aspiring to be in a Factory/Operations Manager role.
What you’ll need
We are looking for applicants with a strong ambition to develop a career within Food Manufacturing and Operations, with aspirations to become an Operational Leader. You should have an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms, as well as flexibility and adaptability. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends. You’ll also need:
Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline.
- Three months’ work experience
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK, (minimum 3 years from September 2023)
- A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry.
- Flexibility to complete three 12 month placements at three different locations across the UK, (we will try to accommodate your preferences).
- Graduates who align to the Bakkavor Values and represent a good value fit to our organisation.
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
- Reward Package
- Year 1: £28,000; Year 2: £31,000 – £34,000; Year 3: £37,000 – £40,000 (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
- Pension Scheme
- Financial assistance with relocation costs for each placement
- Additional Holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
- Access to employee benefits – such as MyDrive Car Lease scheme
- A broad Support & Development Network
- A dedicated Champion for your functional programme
- A Mentor to support and guide your development.
- You’ll join as a Cohort, with up to 20 other graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you.
- A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours set out in your programme.
- A Suite of Training & Development Opportunities
- Dedicated graduate leadership training events.
- Programme Workshops and exposure to other functions
- Rotational Placements to broaden your experience.
- Management Skills training
- Opportunities to further your development after the programme with Apprenticeship Qualifications
- Career Progression
- This programme acts as a route into senior leadership roles. Due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we can work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development.
Our graduate programme is for people who can think bigger and grow faster. We created it to develop the future-leaders and shapers of our business. For more details and to apply follow this link:
During the application process you can expect to answer some questions around some scenarios relevant to Bakkavor, followed by some online psychometric tests and a non-live video reflection. If successful, we will invite you to an assessment centre in January or February 2024. These interviews are for a September 2024 start on the programme.
If you have any queries about this programme, or the recruitment process, please contact us at: