We’re the biggest name you’ve never heard of. You’ve probably eaten our food- you just didn’t realise it. Because as global leaders in the fresh prepared food industry with over 19,000 employees, we create innovative products, including meals, soups, dips, salads, desserts, pizzas and bread for customers including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose in the UK. We’re ambitious. We’re full of ideas, and we’re ready for more people who share our passion for quality food to join us.
Bakkavor is the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with a growing international presence in the US and China. We are number one in the UK in the four product categories of meals, salads, desserts, and pizza & bread, providing high-quality, fresh, healthy, and convenient food. We have over 19,000 employees, our headquarters are in London, and we have 23 factories in the UK, 5 in the US and 9 in China.
Our Manufacturing Operations Programme
Operations is the core of the business, and is responsible for delivering high quality, innovative products to our customers on a massive scale! On this programme, you are likely to have supervisory responsibility from an early stage.
- You will develop the skills and knowledge to become a great team leader who engages their colleagues, whilst maintaining and setting high standards for operational excellence, food safety and health & safety.
- Your target role for when you finish your programme is Section Manager, with a development plan to get you to a Senior Section Manager position.
- Within 5-7 years of starting, with strong focus, hard work and development, you should be aspiring to be in a Factory/Operations Manager role.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a strong ambition to develop your career within Manufacturing and Operations, with aspirations to become an Operational Leader. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends. You’ll also need:
- Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
- Three months’ work experience
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
- A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
- Flexibility to complete three rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (placements can be in any of our locations)
- Graduates who align to the Bakkavor Values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
- Reward Package
- Starting Salary £28,000 / £31,000 in Year 2 / £37,000 in Year 3 with opportunities for higher annual increases subject to performance (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
- Pension Scheme
- Relocation Financial Assistance (for each graduate placement)
- Additional Holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
- Access to employee benefits – such as MyDrive Car Lease scheme
- A broad Support & Development Network
- A dedicated Champion for your functional programme
- A Mentor to support and guide your development
- You’ll join as a Cohort, with up to 20 other graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
- A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours set out in your programme.
- A Suite of Training & Development Opportunities
- Dedicated graduate leadership training events
- Programme Workshops and exposure to other functions
- Rotational Placements to broaden your experience
- Management Skills training
- Opportunities to further your development after the programme with Apprenticeship Qualifications
- Career Progression
- This programme acts as a route into senior leadership roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards these roles in the future
Our graduate programme is for people who can think bigger and grow faster. We created it to develop the future-leaders and shapers of our business. To learn more and apply online, visit
After applying, you can expect to complete some initial questions around some relevant scenarios at Bakkavor, followed by an online psychometric test and a non-live video reflection. If successful, we will invite you to an assessment centre in January or February 2023. These interviews are for a September 2023 start on the programme.
If you have any queries about this programme, or the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]