Roche is a leading investor in UK Healthcare. We invest in our future through research and development, and in our people through continuing professional development.
This is an entry level opportunity for a graduate to join a dynamic Medical Information team at Roche based at our UK Pharmaceutical Head Office Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire. The Medical Information Department contributes to the safe and effective use of Roche medicines by using their knowledge of Roche products and disease areas to respond to scientific, technical and medical enquiries from external healthcare professionals (HCPs), patients & members of the public
• As a Medical Information Associate your primary role is to respond to telephone enquiries on our world leading medicines from external healthcare professionals, patients and members of the public in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, industry codes, (e.g. ABPI, MHRA, PIPA) the Roche Group Code of Conduct and internal policies and SOPs
• The Medical Information Associate supports the MI Department by ensuring telephone enquiries are responded to, logged and triaged accordingly
• The Medical Information Associate will partner effectively with all members of the Roche MI team by sharing insights gained from customer interactions
• The Medical Information Associate will support knowledge sharing and contribution to specific projects with MI colleagues enabling improvements in efficiency and customer service
• Providing a high quality medical information call handling service by answering medical information enquiries received via the telephone in an accurate, confident and professional manner
• Responding to standard telephone enquiries for the UK and designated dependencies from healthcare professionals, patients and members of the public, looking to go beyond the minimum required standard & timeframes
• Escalating complex MI enquiries to the relevant Medical Information Specialist
• Identifying and escalating non MI telephone enquiries to the relevant Roche department including adverse events and product complaints
• Remaining up to date on designated product(s)/therapeutic areas
This is a customer contact role for which you will need to have:
• Graduated with a Degree in a Life Science, Human Biology, Pharmacology, or Pharmacy.
• Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and fluent in English.
• Team player mentality, self-motivated and with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Previous experience of working in a customer service telephone call centre and/or medical information role in the pharmaceutical industry is desirable. Roche is an equal opportunities employer and will consider all applicants.
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the commitment to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organisation for you. In return we offer a competitive salary plus the excellent benefits you would expect from a blue-chip organisation
To be considered for this position, please apply using the link below.
When completing your application, please ensure you attach an up to date CV with a cover letter explaining why you would like to work in the Medical Information department and how it fits with your current career aspirations and what dates can you make the final assessment.
Please also include details of your current remuneration package
Closing Date: 1st October final assessment will take place ideally on 15th October
Final assessment will take place on 9th & 16th August 2019