The role includes responsibility for:
• Building and maintaining dashboards in Power BI or similar technologies e.g. Qlikview, Tableau, R Shiny, Amazon Quicksight etc.
• Producing a variety of ad-hoc and regular reports for the business as and when required.
• Being involved in key data projects to help the company meet its objectives.
• Automating processes using MS Excel (VBA and Macros), SQL, Python, SSIS or other relevant technologies.
• Understanding and analysing new datasets/warehouses as and when required.
• Liaising with other departments to help them identify and build the right solutions they require.
• Knowledge of at least one of R or Python, or an object orientated programming language is desirable.
• A keen interest in data science is desirable, in particular knowledge of ML methods.
• Maintaining an interest in keeping up to date with new technologies.
• Maintaining a positive can-do attitude and willingness to experiment with new methods.
• Champions the Company values and works in accordance with the organisational behaviours.
• To be aware of and comply with the relevant rules and regulations in relation to Financial Crime & Conduct.
• Highly numerate – expecting a good (2.1 or above) mathematical degree or related discipline.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Knowledge of SQL, Python or R is an advantage.
• Experience of London Market (re)insurance operations.
• Must be a team player, collaborating/supporting other members of staff.
• Must be methodical and organised • Solutions orientated
• Study support for actuarial exams will be offered, alternatively support for data/computer science courses will also be available.
To apply or find out more information, please email email@example.com
- England - London