The Reed Graduate Training Scheme (GTS) has a record of developing highly successful managers and helps you become a well-rounded future leader. In addition, you can complete a professional qualification of your choice, receive mentoring from a senior manager/director and annual pay rises!
Development Routes for Everyone!
Everyone on the scheme will choose an operational role for their first year in one of our three main companies.
- Recruitment Consultant in Reed Specialist Recruitment (RSR): Nationwide locations & On-Target-Earnings (OTE) of around £3-5K in year one
- Employment Adviser supporting long-term unemployed into work (Reed in Partnership): Nationwide locations (NB no commission/bonuses for this role)
- Sales Executive for the UK’s number one online job board (reed.co.uk): Central London and expected first year bonus income of around £6-10K
Progression Routes: Stick or Switch
Enjoy your role, money-driven and keen to move into management?
Perform well and you will have opportunities to progress rapidly. You will also have access to industry-recognised training such as our Future Leaders Programme or Management Academy.
Want to experience different departments within the business?
If after your first year, recruitment management isn’t the right path for you, we’ll help find the right role. Rotation opportunities are available across a range of areas including IT, HR, Marketing and Finance.
Whilst your qualifications and prior experience will of course influence potential managers, performance in your roles at REED and your ability to impress internal stakeholders hold more power. For example we have an HR Assistant with a Criminology degree and a Finance Executive with a Bachelors in Ancient History!
Remuneration & Other Key Benefits
- £23,000 (£27,000 in Central London)
- A basic salary increase each year on the scheme resulting in an average base salary of £30,000 after 3 years
- Sponsorship to complete a Professional Qualification of your choice
- A senior manager/director from the business as your personal mentor to help guide and develop your progress.
- Bonus/Commission structures that reward you for your hard work (operational roles in RSR & reed.co.uk only)
- Unparalleled training when you start. RSR starters will even be enrolled as Graduate Apprentices and gain an NVQ/similar qualification by the end of their first year.
All new starters begin the scheme with a three-day induction at our dedicated training facility (the Reed Business School) in the Cotswolds where you will meet graduates, successful alumni, and a range of directors including our company Chairman, James Reed.
What We Want From You:
- 1 Bachelors degree or above (any subject)
- Be commercially-minded and show an understanding of the recruitment industry/market
- Show a desire for continual self-improvement
- Be target-driven, resilient, and possess exceptional communication skills
- Geographical flexibility – location preferences will always be accounted for when arranging placements, but most rotation opportunities will be based in London or Northampton where our Head Offices are located
Join REED – Our Values. Your Values. Our Future. Your Future.
All job offers are subject to satisfactory references and compliance with vetting requirements applicable to the job role. Reed Specialist Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer. We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity. We are a MINDFUL EMPLOYER and offer a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.