If you’re passionate about property and are looking to kick start your career in a diverse, innovative and rewarding business, then Countryside’s Graduate Scheme is the path for you.
Our Graduate Scheme first began in 1980, with hundreds having passed through the scheme over the years. We believe that the achievements of the many employees who have started their career with us through the graduate scheme is a real testament to the rewarding and comprehensive programme we offer.
We aim to provide our applicants with as much industry experience as possible over the two-year scheme. Everyone will have the opportunity to see the whole housebuilding process from start to finish, by completing various rotations through each of our different departments. Including:
– Land & Planning
– Strategic Land
– Commercial (Quantity Surveying, Estimating & Buying)
– Sales & Marketing
– Customer Service
At the end of the programme, our graduates can choose a role that best suits them, and move into this field permanently.
The Rotational Graduate Programme is designed for those trainees who would like to experience many different aspects of our business before deciding on a career path. The scheme comprises a series of rotational placements, spending between 4 and 12 weeks in various departments of the business, across a 2 year period. This scheme is also suitable for Graduates that may not have a relevant degree but are passionate about a career in Construction. Our Rotational Graduates are able to be based from any of our 11 offices across the UK, including Brentwood, Ealing, Sevenoaks, Leeds, Warrington, Leicester etc.
As a Generalist Graduate Trainee, your job responsibilities will include the following:
- Following the Rotational Graduate Programme, completing various requirements and meeting targets set by the individual department leaders.
- Attending 1-2-1 meetings with the Head of Learning Development and your assigned mentor, to discuss your progress on the programme and agree new targets to continue your development.
- Contributing to continuous development within Countryside by undertaking Divisional/Regional/Group projects as agreed with mentor.
- Continuing to develop through reviews with your coach and mentor, and undertaking relevant professional qualifications where appropriate.
- Contributing towards Corporate Responsibility objectives by driving local initiatives and consistently high levels of customer service.
- Taking part in and on occasion chairing Graduate team meetings, developing an agenda and delivering key business information to the team.
- Working to the best of your ability in all departments, ensuring that all learning opportunities are taken and valuable experience is gathered.
- Acting as a buddy to new graduates where applicable.
Desirable criteria for a Generalist Graduate Trainee:
- Passionate about customer service, house building and construction.
- Minimum of a 2:2 Degree, ideally relevant to the Built Environment
- Self-confident, articulate, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A lateral and innovative thinker; sees change as an opportunity and challenge for the business
- Able to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects
- Strong communication skills, the ability to build effective and mutually beneficial working relationships both internally and externally
- Able to rapidly absorb new and complex information with ease and speed to conduct an incisive analysis
- Displays energy and enthusiasm to deliver goals and achievements
- Driven, self-motivated and results driven for self and business
In return, we offer the following package to our Graduates:
- £24,000 Basic Salary
- Company Car or Car Allowance (if Company Car, insurance is also included)
- Further study funded and supported
- Accreditations funded and supported
- Performance related Bonus of up to 10% per annum
- Countryside Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Huge range of flexible benefits
- Rewarding, progressive and well-structured career path
- Mobility across all of our offices, to give you maximum exposure
- Full supported and guided Graduate Scheme, complete with business mentor (someone at Associate Director or Director level) and a Graduate mentor (a graduate who has recently completed their programme and moved into a role within the business)
If the above position has motivated you to take the next step in your career, please respond with a copy of your CV and Covering Letter. If you would like to view our other vacancies, please visit our website: www.countryside-properties.com
Countryside Properties PLC is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and promote equality across our business. The terminology used in this advert is not intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We welcome applications from all sections of society and are always happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and / or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
- Various UK Locations