Steer Graduate Scheme
Locations – London, Leeds, Manchester or Birmingham
Start date – October 2023 or March 2024
Complex questions. Powerful answers.
Infrastructure, cities and transport are constantly evolving to meet new demands, new ideas and new technologies. Mixing rigour and technical expertise with an open-minded, imaginative approach, we help our clients maximise opportunity and realise value within this rapidly changing landscape. Impartial, objective and results-focussed, we are never content simply to meet expectations. We combine our commercial, economic and planning expertise to find powerful answers to complex questions. Answers that help people, places and economies thrive.
We are always looking for gifted, motivated graduates to join our Graduate Scheme. If you are considering your future and are looking for somewhere to make a real difference, Steer has much to offer.
During our eighteen-month Graduate Scheme you will work together with our team of industry experts to address some of the most complex problems in the sectors we operate. As part of our Graduate Scheme you will receive:
- an award-winning programme that provides you with the skills needed for a career in consultancy;
- personalised development programme focusing on industry knowledge, consultancy skills, technical training, project management and core business skills;
- a range of onboarding activities, including meeting your fellow graduates, personal development planning and learn more about Steer and our culture;
- mentoring from senior members who will work with you to develop your skills; and
- ‘buddy’ support from a previous graduate who will help you settle into life at Steer.
- We are seeking high-calibre graduates with a good academic background, strong people and organisation skills and a passion for changing the world!
- Applicants must be educated to degree level (ideally at least 2:1 or equivalent) with all subjects considered, preferably with a quantification or research element included.
Don’t just take our word for it – in the last few years we have, and continue to be, recognised as a great place for graduates to develop their career:
- “Best Graduate Programme Award” (Women in Rail Awards) 2021
- “Top 100 Companies for Graduates to Work For” (The Job Crowd) 2011 – 2022
Our independent company is employee-owned and as a valued employee you will have an influence on the running of Steer. So, be different from your peers and work for an organisation that you have a genuine stake in.
We offer a competitive package of benefits including private medical insurance and health screening, life assurance, group income protection, company pension scheme, EAP, ability to buy and sell annual leave days, travel season ticket loan, share incentive plan, up to 5 days for volunteering activities and a discretionary bonus scheme.
Our social and cultural responsibilities form an important part of our culture and values. We believe that actions speak louder than words, and therefore have annual measurable targets across all social impact areas, particularly EDI and sustainability. We have also committed to successfully operate as a Net Zero Carbon company by 2025.
Steer is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity or gender. This year we were delighted to achieve a coveted TIDE Gold Award, as recognition for demonstrating our commitment to workplace DEI and belonging. Last year we also won the ‘Best Graduate Programme’ award from Women in Rail and our senior staff offer mentoring support to Women in Transport.
We offer a flexible approach to work and believe in empowering our people and giving them the opportunities to shine.
To apply, or for more information, please go to: https://uk.steergroup.com/careers/graduates