As part of a fast-evolving, $365 billion global industry, Willis Re provides a multitude of exciting career opportunities for talented and driven individuals. Our two year Foundational Development Programme is unique in the industry and offered to all our graduates. This includes a multitude of technical insurance and reinsurance modules delivered by our global subject matter experts through to a wider curriculum of professional, financial and client facing skills.
Sponsored by the Willis Re leadership team, the programme also provides access to senior mentors and a “buddy network” to support your wider career development, with ample networking and experience-building opportunities.
This foundational programme is part of a world class Learning Academy that supports career development for all our colleagues, from graduates through to senior leaders.
Willis Re also fully sponsors professional qualifications including the FIA, CFA Level 1 and the CAA.
Our broking and analytics colleagues, including actuarial, financial and catastrophe modelling teams, operate all over the world and work in integrated and dynamic teams.
As a Graduate Actuarial Analyst, you will be therefore be immersed in all aspects of front line actuarial work for our insurance clients from early in your career, including:
- Analysis for input into client pitches and meetings,
- Assisting in building reinsurance pricing models
- Data collection and manipulation in spreadsheets and other database applications
- Assisting with actuarial benchmark creation and other long-term projects
- Building pricing models for client use and pricing indications
- Developing expertise in using Willis Towers Watson proprietary Financial Modelling and Reinsurance Optimisation software
- Participating in client meetings
- Travel as required
Willis Re is also an inclusive and diverse business, so you can expect to work in and learn from culturally diverse, multi-location teams on a regular basis, working on varying projects and client accounts, which include some of the largest, multinational companies in the world.
Successful candidates will have strong analytical and numeracy skills, and also a talent for communication and all-round commercial awareness.
– Key word: Willis Re Graduate)
Minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent qualifications including Maths A-Level at A/B grade. You will also need:
- Enthusiasm and passion to learn about Insurance, Risk and Reinsurance
- Good IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, with a high degree of competence in MS Excel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly
- Ability to build strong internal and external business relationships
- An awareness of the sales and negotiation process
- Ability to learn and follow internal procedures and controls
- Flexible approach to work and ability to adapt to change
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Desire to sit Actuarial exams
- Initiative and an eagerness to drive projects to a successful conclusion
- Be a team player
- England - London