Together, we’re finding, building and implementing solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. On the Engineering Programme, you’ll have an impact on thousands of people and businesses, transforming and shaping lives, both today and tomorrow. At the same time, you’ll persue a certification as a Chartered Engineer, by building up a portfolio of varied and inventive projects, and learning in depth about your specialism.
We’re building a lasting water legacy, making the connection between Victorian infrastucture and the networks of the future, and earning the trust of millions of people, accross the UK. To do that, we’re investing in new systems and programmes of work, and upgrading our sites and assets. As an engineer, you’ll be the driving force behind those initiatives.
- Work on a wide variety of projects from asset design to strategic planning.
- Experience a variety of on-site environments
- Be trusted to deliver large-scale projects early on
- Pursue chartered engineer status
- Recieve extensive training from design and construction to management regulations.
At Severn Trent, you can take engineering in the direction you want, whether that’s tackling a secondment that develops your asset design skills or getting more exposure to our Business Leadership projects. You’ll also have the chance to work on major projects with our Senior Engineers. Here are examples of work our Graduates have recently been involved in:
- Flood alleviation and mitigation
- Managing the safety of dams and reservoirs
- Using telemetry to create early warning systems
- Designing new interfaces for our treatment works
- Solving pollution problems and implementing solutions on-site
- Running a number of operational sites simultaneously
These projects will allow you develop the technical expertise, experience and abilities you need to pursue Chartered Engineer status, as part of a clear progression path towards becoming a future leader of our organisation.
- An accredited Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering degree, with any grade qualification
- A customer focus with the determination to make a difference
- Initiative and confidence to share new solutions to complex problems
- Excellent judgement when making strategic decisions
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Flexibility to travel between locations
Every secondment and operational placement you’re involved in will focus on developing the key skills and experience you need to become a Chartered Engineer. At the same time, you’ll have the opportunity to move towards a position as a Senior Engineer. At this stage, you’ll be leading your own teams, across a wide range of different projects.
As time goes on, you’ll play an increasingly large role in delivering our strategy for 2020, creating a more connected, sustainable and competitive service. If you want to stay at the forefront of engineering innovation, we can put you there. And, in such a rapidly changing industry, that journey could take you almost anywhere.
- Various UK Locations