At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. The graduate programme is a structured training programme combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management to delivering presentations.
What will I be doing?
Many businesses need to reassure investors and other stakeholders on their financial performance, even where a full audit isn’t necessary, appropriate, or required by law. We provide wide-reaching financial advisory services to international clients across a number of industries and a diverse client base, ranging from small businesses and family enterprise start-ups to non-profit organisations.
As part of our Assurance & Business Services team you could be working directly with managing and financial directors, checking that numbers stack up with fact. This means providing advice and solutions that really make a difference.
Many of our audits last just one or two weeks, which means you’ll quickly gain exposure to a variety of businesses. You’ll also build valuable client experience, developing the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective auditor and trusted business adviser. Alongside your work, you’ll receive first-class professional training as you study for the Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) qualification, which will enable you to gain a full understanding of the technical aspects of audit and accountancy and additional financial advisory services.
Responsibilities of the Trainee Chartered Accountant position could include:
• Work as part of a team to undertake a variety of audit and accountancy tasks
• Develop an understanding of our client’s and their businesses
• Complete audit programmes and form conclusions on each individual test and section completed
• Understand from your manager the scope of tasks allocated and objectives to be achieved
• Keep seniors and managers fully informed of any issues and problems, ensure work is completed to a level agreed with the manager and record clearly and concisely work done
• Become familiar with our audit and accounting software
• Resolve queries whether of an audit or accountancy nature
• Prioritising tasks whilst monitoring time against budget
Must have or be on course for at least a strong second class honours degree in any discipline • 300 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies) • GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B.
To apply online, please click on the blue apply button above. Stage 1 – complete our online application form Stage 2 – online verbal and numerical reasoning test Stage 3 – assessment centre Stage 4 – first round interview Stage 5 – final round interview.
- Accountancy & Insurance
- Actuary & Risk Management
- Company Accounts & Finance Management
- Various UK Locations
- Salisbury and Southampton