Are you naturally creative and enjoy the digital world including gamification and virtual reality?
We are building a culture of excellence at Willmott Dixon and the development of our people is critical in our journey. The Learning team are keen to embrace the latest digital learning technology so we now have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice Digital Learning technologist.
We are looking for a school leaver who ideally has some previous work experience and demonstrates a passion for digital skills, systems and creativity. We want someone who can bring these skills to life in developing creative solutions to learning through a mix of mediums including but not limited to videos, gamification and virtual reality. You will work with an agile and fun team, learn how a large business operates and support in running large scale webinars on a regular basis.
The successful applicant will promote the use of information and digital learning technology to support the Learning team at Willmott Dixon to provide 80% of future learning online. You will be supported to study an apprenticeship as a Digital Support technician over 18 months where you will have attain a Level 3 qualification. We are looking to offer a permanent role after successful completion of the apprenticeship qualification.The role is based at our Head office in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire although some travel to other offices in the UK may be required.
The learning outcomes after studying Apprenticeship as Digital Support technician include:
- applying digital technologies to achieve objectives
- coaching and guiding others to develop digital skills
- experience with processes and principles of content management systems
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- A minimum of 6 GCSE’s including Maths and English at Grade 4 or above.
- Competent MS Office user in Word & Excel.
- A passion for digital technology and systems
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good written and numeracy skills
- Successfully worked as part of a team
- Managing varied administrative tasks
- Attention to detail
- Working unassisted and using initiative to organise workload
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Demonstrate previous work experience
- A’level or equivalent level qualification
- Super creative
- Great relationship skills and confident when dealing with people
- A team player.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
- Various UK Locations