The following is a Apprentice Review for UK Power Networks.
UK Power Networks scores 3.8/5 based on 156 reviews.
All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from UK Power Networks. Employees are asked to rate UK Power Networks on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.
To find out how your Apprentices can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Jo on 01825 725291.
What are the Best and Worst things about your job?
- Caring company.
- Always pushing you to go further.
- Always interested in how you are doing within the company.
- Generous salary even as a foundation apprentice.
- Challenging work to keep you busy.
- Occasional pay rises to motivate you to complete all your tasks.
- Guaranteed life long career so long as you stay out of trouble.
- HR department sometimes slacks.
- Under 18's limited as to what they can do.
- Long journeys are taken often.
- Limited as to what you can do when staying at college or a hotel for people unable to drive.
What is the annual salary for this role?
Starting salary: £15,000 - £17,000
Current salary: £15,000 - £17,000
What advice would you give to someone applying to this role?
Make sure you present yourself very formally, try to use as much detail in your covering letter and CV as you can and don't miss out any key information that would attract employers to you. If you are still completing GCSEs or A-levels grab the highest grade you can.
Do you have any interview tips?
Make sure you have researched the company and know generally how the company works, and small amounts of theory like generation to consumer. Revise statistics that the company are proud to tell in which you will find on the website. Practice scenarios in which you will come into contact with customers as employers are very interested in how you can work socially as well as efficiently and safely.
Apprentice field technician, field support at Virgin Media