The good parts of my job is the team; I meet a group of highly competent group with a range of skills and it inspires me to improve and learn more, also I like the sector and I am interested in learning more about marine cargo; due to it being an old class of business there is so much to learn.

Worst

The worst thing about the job is the time allowed; some teams are allowed lots of time to study others not so much dependent on how busy you are, and it is the teams decision how much study time you are allowed. My team is not allocated too much time and this is something I have to do mostly outside of the office aside from workshops monthly to learn the content from the tutor.

Starting salary: £21,000 - £23,000

For new candidates I would recommend having some form of customer service on your CV and reference in the application because this is something they ask about in their first and second stages of application and how it would make you suitable.

Also show how you can lead and work as a team; for my CV I listed sports as this is a good example of this.

Lastly; any volunteering or fundraising looks good in the application because it means you are willing to go the extra not just do the mandatory.

During the interviews, they did a situation, personality and a competency interview after an initial group interview; it was a 3 hour session in total with 4 of us in the group. Each of the individual interviews was around 20 minutes, for these they do repeat some of the similar questions about leadership, teamwork, but in the personality interview, they asked questions about what you would do if there was a problem how would you resolve type questions.

Corporate Responsibility: