The following is a Graduate Review for Compass Group UK & Ireland.

Compass Group UK & Ireland scores 3.4/5 based on 107 reviews.

All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from Compass Group UK & Ireland. Employees are asked to rate Compass Group UK & Ireland on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.

To find out how your Graduates can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Jo on 01825 725291.

What hours do you actually work, on average?

Start: 8:30

Finish: 16:30

The first piece of advice I'd give to candidates is to be open-minded. Compass offers a huge scope of different professions and is not solely just catering. Just by being part of the Graduate Programme I have already experienced the vastness of the Business and thus the opportunities available. If you'd asked me this time last year what I'd be doing, I would never have said I'd work in schools or in Kitchen Units helping to develop nutritious school meals. But now, I couldn't imagine a better first job to have.

The second piece of advice I'd give is to be flexible and willing to learn. If you apply to work at Compass there will always be new information to take on as well as new experiences and new people. Learning and education does not stop at University!

If you are applying for a Nutrition position at Compass, I would suggest making sure you are up to date on all the latest Government initiatives (e.g. SACN Sugar Recommendations) as well as the School Food Plan and Food for Life Accreditation marks. Being able to evidence that you have worked with different age groups/catering would be a really good start.
Personal qualities are also extremely important in an interview. Showing that you are determined, good-willed, hard-working, flexible, reliable are all really important traits to have when working in a role like this. Having living examples of how you have shown each of these qualities may well stand you out from other people.

Corporate Responsibility: