The following is a Graduate Review for DSTL.

DSTL scores 3.3/5 based on 346 reviews.

All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from DSTL. Employees are asked to rate DSTL on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.

To find out how your Graduates can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Grant on 01825 725291.

Starting salary: £19,000 - £21,000

What hours do you actually work, on average?

Start: 9:00

Finish: 17:00

Look at the job description and pick out the buzzwords, then try and use them in your application.

The interview is the least stressful thing about the whole process, and it is was fairly relaxed. It was basically a nice chat about what are your interests, what are you good at and the normal competencies and what not. I am a mechanical engineer and know nothing about biology and the human body. So in my interview, when I had to answer questions about predicting injury and things to take into account when trying to predict injury I had no idea what I was saying, but I got the feeling it didn't matter if what I said was exactly right, it mattered if my thought process was right for the job. One thing to remember is that you won't be able to stroll into a job and be amazing (Well, I was but I am one of a kind). Everything you need to know you will be taught, you need the right thought processes and be able to work well in the team you are joining. Everyone here is happy to help and if you show that you don't know everything but you are willing to be taught you are a good clean slate. But at the same time, if you know stuff, wow them with it!! Also, I would recommend reading up on defence news and new tech and think about how it can be applied to the defence industry. Show that you have an interest. Lastly a top tip: Most interviews have a time limit, so talk quite a bit if you know the answer to a question, the more time you take up being amazing, the less time they have to ask you a question that will make you stumble. They normally have core questions and extra questions, the extra questions are the hard ones so keep on chatting!!

Previous review