The following is a Graduate Review for DSTL.
DSTL scores 3.2/5 based on 337 reviews.
All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from DSTL. Employees are asked to rate DSTL on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.
To find out how your Graduates can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Grant on 01825 725291.
What is the annual salary for this role?
Starting salary: I'd rather not say
Current salary: £25,000 - £27,000
What hours do you actually work, on average?
What advice would you give to someone applying to this role?
1. Be prepared to use fundamental physics - you will be expected to remember/relearn it quickly and offer suggestions based on your calculations/reading.
2. Be methodical and detailed about documenting your work in as many ways as possible (lab book, spreadsheets, reports). This helps other people working on a project avoid duplication of efforts and you to track your contribution to your job.
3. If you believe you have a relevant knowledge or skill set make sure you show willing to involved where you can to help as many projects as possible. It will be appreciated if you can speed up a process.
Do you have any interview tips?
1. Read about the company and the people they work for (the types of activities they do etc.) Be aware of what is going on in the the world of research generally, too.
2. If you are unsure of or can't remember an answer, be honest and try to explain your thought process as much as possible - the interviewers can then give you more information regarding what they want from you. If you don't speak it is difficult to know what the problem is.
3. Smile and try and keep your tone conversational. It is important you are willing to ask questions and discuss answers in your job, so show this skill in your interview!
, at Canburg Ltd
Customer Operations at E.ON