The following is a Graduate Review for Taylor Wimpey.
Taylor Wimpey scores 4/5 based on 200 reviews.
All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from Taylor Wimpey. Employees are asked to rate Taylor Wimpey on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.
To find out how your Graduates can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Grant on 01825 725291.
What are the Best and Worst things about your job?
- Moving around every department gives you a great overview of each department's role in the company.
- The opportunities provided to graduates within the company.
- Supportive nature of the programme both from head office and business units.
- Moving offices every 6 months can take its toll but you get used to it, it provides a good experience in the end.
- On some placements it is hard to get stuck into a project/work because of the time periods spent within each department.
What is the annual salary for this role?
Starting salary: £23,000 - £25,000
Current salary: £23,000 - £25,000
What hours do you actually work, on average?
What advice would you give to someone applying to this role?
- Offer something that makes you stand out and you can draw experiences from e.g. travelling, volunteer work etc.
- Research the company!
- Stay motivated, there are a lot of stages so take each one as it comes.
- Be confident at the assessment centre, don't stand back and let other people do all the talking. You won't make the impact you want.
Do you have any interview tips?
1) Learn about the company and the industry they operate in e.g. current challenges, competitors etc.
2) Commercial Awareness; keep up to date with current affairs, news and it doesn't hurt to know the current share price.
3) Usually the final interview involves a presentation, so practice it over and over until you know it and its contents like the back of your hand.
Employment Adviser, Reed in Partnership at Reed Global