The following is a Graduate Review for Babcock International Group.
Babcock International Group scores 3.9/5 based on 317 reviews.
All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from Babcock International Group. Employees are asked to rate Babcock International Group on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.
To find out how your Graduates can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Grant on 01825 725291.
What are the Best and Worst things about your job?
- The flexibility to move across the organisation to improve your depth and understanding of the business.
- Options to work in projects and/or technical tasks.
- Support for Chartership includes membership payment for your chosen institution and a colleague who is a mentor.
- Working and learning from experienced engineers who are friendly and enthusiastic.
- Working in this sector can be difficult.
- Some management structures and processes are quite complicated and would benefit from being simplified.
What is the annual salary for this role?
Starting salary: £29,000 - £31,000
Current salary: £29,000 - £31,000
What hours do you actually work, on average?
What advice would you give to someone applying to this role?
For the application it is important that you are able to show enthusiasm for the role and the sector you will be working in.
Do you have any interview tips?
The assessment centre is split into three sections: A 30 minute interview, a 10 minute presentation on a specific issue, and a team-based challenge.
For the interview, you will be asked questions based on your current development and competencies. (i.e. Name a time where you worked as a team, etc.).
The presentation topic is given to the applicants a couple of days before the assessment day. It is important to consider different methods for solving the tasks, remembering to give justification and meet Babcock's key principles. The presentation is timed and it is important to allow time for the presentation and any questions/feedback.
The team task will be a challenge with multiple options to meet the requirements. This is to see how well you work in a team and how to communicate with others. If you are to take a leading role in this task, be sure to listen to other team members and make sure you are meeting the constraints of the task.
Babcock International Group
CDP, at Air Products