I have been given a lot of responsibility as feel like I am on the level of other Engineers in the office. My opinions and skills feel valued and my colleagues have always treated me with resect.

There has also been a lot of training opportunities to gain new skills and wonderful events such as the Entry Level Talent gala.

Worst

n/a

Starting salary: I'd rather not say

Current salary: I'd rather not say

What hours do you actually work, on average?

Start: 09:00

Finish: 17:00

The application process is a simple one and can be done online. You will have to upload a CV and Covering Letter as well as filling in your personal details and education history. If you are applying for a specific role please make sure that you tailor your CV to said role, and make sure your covering letter is succinct and well written. Once the application has been sent you will receive email confirmation that the application has been sent.

If this application is successful you will then contacted by email stating that you are required to complete Online Testing. The first is a Verify Spatial Ability Test where you will be presented with patterns and stacks of blocks, etc. and asked what completes the pattern or how many block are in the image - ensure you have plenty of practice beforehand as it will be much easier and you will be comfortable with how the testing works, no matter what type of test it is. The second test is a Graduate Talent Screener in which you will have to rank situations and values. Make sure that you answer this honestly as Siemens want to see who you are and to see if you align with the company's target fit profile - don't answer for the sake of trying to fit the company's values or pretend to be someone you're not. Please keep an eye on the completion deadline for both of these tests, and that you complete them with no distractions or input from others.

You will be contacted (I was personally given a phone call by a member of recruitment) to say you have passed the test. Some applications may differ at this point, as I was invited to an assessment centre straight away. This assessment centre was all-female and as a pre-requisite to attending I had to give a short video interview. This was a simple interview to assess which employers you would be matched with at the assessment centre. I was able to re-record your answers for the interview and go at your own pace, which made it an much more pleasant than other video interviews I had given for other applications.

Once I had confirmed I was attending and had submitted the video interview, I was sent joining instructions for the assessment centre - you will need to travel for this. In this assessment centre, we revised flash-cards with questions and answers about the company, and these would be used later for an activity. For this activity we were split into groups and built Siemens products out of Lego, we could only used certain colours for products and if we needed more we would have to give "money" and answer the flash-card questions correctly, we could then "sell" the products to get money (this is a good chance to demonstrate your team skills and company knowledge, so show them that you're enthusiastic and interested in Siemens!). The group who sold the most products would win. I was then interviewed by the three employers I was matched with for 20 minutes each, back-to-back.

Once the assessment centre was over, I was told a couple of weeks after that I had received an offer of a placement, and I used the online application process once more. The onboarding process is good and they'll let you know what you need to provide (passport photograph, signed contract, etc.) and when to do it by - make sure you submit everything requested in time! The process should be smooth but if you have any concerns you can contact the team and they will happily help you.

- Video Interview

For the video interview that I had to provide, some of the questions were as follows:

"Please introduce yourself."
"What are your hobbies/interests outside of Engineering?"
"Why are you interested in Engineering?"

For this particular video interview I was able to re-record my answers and complete it at my own pace. However, please prepare for any sort of question and practice for if you do not have the opportunity to re-record. My main advice would be to get used to talking in front of a camera/webcam, as I know that this experience can be incredibly daunting, and look in the lens as if you are making eye contact with a real interviewer. Please also make sure that your background is plain/appropriate and dress smartly - it is still an interview!

- Assessment Centre Interview(s)

At my assessment centre I was interviewed by three employers for 20 minutes each, however it may be different for yours. Some of the questions I was asked:

"Name a time where you have made a bad decision." (put a positive spin on this and say how and why you have developed from this decision - this is the crucial factor that the employer will be looking into!)
"Name a time where you have displayed this quality."
"If you're a General Manager, are you required to be an expert in all areas of the business?"
"What interests you in our company?"
"What experiences do you have?"
"What are your interests outside of work?"
"Could you work with someone you don't like? If so or if not, why?"

I was not asked or presented with any technical questions, however do prepare for this just in case - prepare any questions for the interviewer as well, as it shows your interest.

My advice would be to ensure you answer thoughtfully and if you do not understand the question don't be afraid to ask the interviewer for clarification - it is far better to ask than to give a half-hearted answer without an understanding, and you will get more respect for this. Try to have examples of projects (in or out of work/university) where you have demonstrated your skills, technical or otherwise, in your head. Make sure your body language is open and calm, stay professional, answer all of the questions honestly and thoughtfully. Most of all, engage with the interviewer - this is your chance to sell yourself and your skills. Show them you're the person for the job!

Corporate Responsibility: