The following is a Graduate Review for Siemens.
Siemens scores 3.6/5 based on 291 reviews.
All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from Siemens. Employees are asked to rate Siemens on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.
To find out how your Graduates can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Grant on 01825 725291.
What are the Best and Worst things about your job?
- Friendly work team
- Thinking about the process side of an engineering business
- 3 day intern training course on personal effectiveness (I have done the first 2 days so far and I thought that both were very well run and if you take them seriously they could have a positive influence on your career)
- Didn't deliver on the bits of the job description that led me to accept
- Lack of work delegation from supervisor led to being given other work from other team members
- Felt like a job for a year with a slight relevance to my degree subject, could have done the work whilst I was in sixth form as I didn't apply anything which I learnt at university which was greatly disappointing
What is the annual salary for this role?
Starting salary: £17,000 - £19,000
Current salary: £17,000 - £19,000
What hours do you actually work, on average?
What advice would you give to someone applying to this role?
The application process (at least for my year) begins with a general placement application e.g. mechanical engineering intern, if you then get to the assessment centre they will notify you of the role which they will be interviewing you for. Please make sure this role is what you want for a years placement and if it isn't don't be scared to act on that as some of the roles can be quite different to what you may have imagined when you first applied.
Do you have any interview tips?
STAR questions (if you are unfamiliar with STAR interview questions, google for a description and practice questions).