The following is a Graduate Review for Costain.

Costain scores 3.6/5 based on 358 reviews.

All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from Costain. Employees are asked to rate Costain on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.

To find out how your Graduates can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Grant on 01825 725291.

The variety, I get to work on such a different range of things. One day I could be in the office assisting the business in legal matters, other days I could be on site learning about the project.

Worst

Very unpredictable in terms of planning your day. You have to be ready to take on urgent matters and prioritise over what you were going to do that day.

Starting salary: £31,000 - £33,000

What hours do you actually work, on average?

Start: 08:00

Finish: 16:00

Make sure you know the company ethos and are just yourself at all stages of the process. Costain are really about choosing people that fit well with their brand/ people, I believe that experience wasn't a big factor in me getting the job. It was my personality and willingness to work hard in return for all the great things Costain provide you with.

- Research projects that Costain have been working on- pick one you are interested in and talk about it
- Have to prepare a 5 minute presentation (no powerpoint), mine was on my favourite piece of infrastructure
- Make sure you get your personality out whilst interviewing, be friendly/ fun
- Group presentation with other candidates, make sure you are active in this but listen to others too

Responsibility: