The following is a Graduate Review for Shoosmiths.

Shoosmiths scores 3.6/5 based on 116 reviews.

All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from Shoosmiths. Employees are asked to rate Shoosmiths on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.

To find out how your Graduates can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Grant on 01825 725291.

The people. I work with lawyers who are top of their field and as such, always receive a high quality of work. I am supported at all levels - the offices are all open plan and the partners work alongside legal advisors. I have sat next to the Practice Group Head since I joined the firm as a paralegal!

Worst

The hours in the Corporate team can be unpredictable and, at times, unforgiving.

Starting salary: £19,000 - £21,000

What hours do you actually work, on average?

Start: 08:30

Finish: 18:45

Thoroughly research the firm before you begin the application form. By attending insight evenings and talking to the Graduate Recruitment team at law fairs, you are getting to know information about the firm that isn't available online. It's also a great way of getting your name known around the office/firm!

Preparation is key. Research the firm - the people, the practice groups, the office locations - the more you know about the firm the more relaxed you will feel on the day and the easier you will find it to ask questions. Equally, keep an eye on news stories that appear in the press and formulate an opinion on these - they don't need to be specifically related to the law or legal developments. I was asked "who should be responsible for deciding when to turn off a child's life support machine - the parent or the doctor?" in relation to a high profile case that was in the press at the time.

Responsibility: