|As an apprentice you will be in a learning role that is structured to provide you with the essential hands-on experience needed to gain the relevant qualification. You will be working alongside experienced colleagues who will supervise your development and you will have a dedicated mentor to provide you with support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
As an apprentice you will spend 20% of your working time engaged in your apprenticeship training, which may consist of;
· Day/block release at the training provider’s premises or assessor visits at your specified work location
· Distance learning, webinars, online learning
· Mandatory in-house training
· Job shadowing, mentoring, seminars
· Time spent researching, writing assessments/assignments.
As an apprentice you will be expected to attend all necessary training activities as well as carry out your job duties as detailed below.
|Purpose of Job|
|The purpose of this role is to support the Admin function of the Legal department and the wider Legal and Governance Team where appropriate. This role will cover many Legal areas such as Childcare, Adult Social Care, Litigation, Property and Education and will include access to sensitive, highly confidential documentation.|
|Key Accountabilities & Duties|
|1. To undertake the specified apprenticeship to achieve a nationally recognised qualification
2. To report for duty on time at work and college as detailed by the employer and training provider
3. To complete daily/weekly attendance records.
4. To gather evidence as instructed by the training provider in order to compile a portfolio for end point assessment.
5. Printing and scanning
6. Opening, sorting and scanning of post
7. To collect, record, compile and input data both manually and electronically, in order to maintain comprehensive, up to date electronic and paper (where required) filing and information systems.
8. To establish good working relationships with colleagues, management and key contacts internally and in other organisations.
9. To communicate as appropriate with members of the public and customers
10. Deal with general queries received over Microsoft Teams, email, telephone, direct communications or in person
11. To locate, review and scan sensitive and confidential documents
12. To attend training and team meetings as set out by the Practice Manager
13. Carry out general administrative duties.
14. Follow Legal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as applicable.
|Core Responsibilities and Deliverables|
1. To deliver Legal Services in accordance with agreed service standards.
2. To monitor and act upon customer feedback to improve customer experiences and to meet or exceed customer satisfaction.
Operational Effectiveness and Compliance
1. To operate in accordance with HR policies and practice.
2. To undertake continuous improvement activity to improve the effectiveness of services.
3. To comply with all Council policies in relation to Health and Safety and Information Governance.
4. To escalate risks and issues which may impact any aspect of performance or the Council’s reputation.
1. To participate in team and Council wide activities to improve involvement and communication.
2. To participate in and to use the appraisal and performance contract process to develop personal contribution and develop capability.
3. To take responsibility for personal development including any continuous Professional Development.
4. To work with others in the team to develop change readiness.
|· Takes personal accountability and holds others to account
· Takes responsibility for own development
· Listens to and respects the opinions of others
· Asks for, reflects upon and acts on feedback
· Works collaboratively with others to deliver the best outcomes
· Actively seeks opportunities for improvement in organisational processes and activity
· Builds understanding and commitment to transformational change
· Sets standards for customer service
· Builds relationships of trust and alliances with customers groups
- Good level of IT literacy and experience of MS Office
- Good time management
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work well in a team
- Understanding of the need for political sensitivity, awareness and confidentiality.
- Experience of using Case Management Systems
- Experience of working in a Legal environment
|1. The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, scope and grading of the post.
2. The post holder must have the ability to understand the needs of a multi-racial society and be prepared to implement the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy at a level appropriate to the job and must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
3. The post holder is required to be familiar with the Directorate’s Health and Safety Policy and be aware of and observe any part of the policy related specifically to the duties and responsibilities of the post.
|Standby Payment||Yes ☐ No☒|
|Fire Marshall||Yes ☐ No☒|
|First Aider||Yes ☐ No☒|
|Politically Restricted||Yes ☐ No☒|
|Tool Allowance||Yes ☐ No☒|
|Emergency Planning Rota||Yes ☐ No☒|
|Contractual Car User (see intranet for more information)||Yes ☐ No☒|
|DBS (see intranet for more information)||Standard ☐ Enhanced ☐ N/A ☒|
|Basic Disclosure (see intranet for more information)||Yes ☐ No☐|