The following is a Graduate Review for Willmott Dixon.
Willmott Dixon scores 4.4/5 based on 71 reviews.
All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from Willmott Dixon. Employees are asked to rate Willmott Dixon on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.
To find out how your Graduates can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Grant on 01825 725291.
What are the Best and Worst things about your job?
- good job progression & salary increase with every year you complete of the trainee scheme
- excellent support for increasing your technical knowledge (lots of courses on offer etc)
- flexible working is available if and when you need it
- can be long days (early starts on site)
- there are a lot of processes & technical knowledge to learn if you are completely new to the industry (but Willmott's do support you through all this)
What is the annual salary for this role?
Starting salary: £13,000 - £15,000
Current salary: £25,000 - £27,000
What hours do you actually work, on average?
What advice would you give to someone applying to this role?
I was a late applicant so I missed a lot of the application process, however from other trainees I have heard that the best piece of advise is to be natural. Willmott Dixon often ask applicants to send in videos explaining why they are interested in the job etc - it is best to be natural & not just talk off a pre-prepared script as they want someone who can think on their feet.
Do you have any interview tips?
I personally found that for the interview process, the majority of it was centred around yourself as a person & how you would fit into the business, rather than your technical knowledge and skill. Willmott's have often said that they can train people up with the technical knowledge, but that people skills are vital from the start. Make sure you mention about your hobbies & past experiences etc. If you have worked previously, mention how you have overcome difficult work situations before.
IT Management Trainee, IT at Willmott Dixon