Business Development & Account Manager
We are an established and successful UK business now looking to expand into Australia, and beyond. We are looking for a self-motivated and ambitious Business Development Manager / Sales Manager to join us. You will play a pivotal and vital role in establishing the Australian business and making it into a successfulenterprise. There is also potential to help to launch future businesses around the world as we expand further.
The role will initially be part-time (approx. 15-20 hours a week) and flexible with the opportunity to take on more hours as the role grows. We are offering a competitive base hourly salary and generous commission element. This would suit a freelancer who would benefit from flexible hours. The position will be based at home, so you will need a suitable space for this. Occasional travel may be required, but this will be minimal.
You will be provided with ongoing support and mentoring from the U company, including the Sales and Operations Manager who is based in Australia.
The core operation of the business is to create a ranking guide of the best companies for graduates to work for, and be a unique portal for graduate employers to advertise their roles / programmes.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Identify suitable companies to enter.
- Build relationships with those companies.
- Persuade companies to take part and sell associated products to those taking part.
- Manage client database.
- Help to manage social media, advertising, event planning and other business related tasks.
Key skills and experience required:
- Ability to commit to a long-term working relationship.
- Sales experience ideally from a publishing / advertising background.
- Must be self-motivated, ambitious, willing to go the extra mile when needed and conscientious.
- Attention to detail and high standards.
- Experience and knowledge of the graduate recruitment market would be preferable but not essential.
Please send a cover note and resume to email@example.com in the first instance. Shortlisted candidates will then be contacted to arrange a phone interview.
TheJobCrowd is the UK’s leading graduate employer rankings Guide, distributed to every single UK university (70,000 so far this year) and over 2 million visitors per year to the website. The brand is now synonymous with integrity, quality and working with the best employers in the UK, and beyond.
We are a friendly and supportive company that has recently been acquired by an established Media company, who have substantial ambition for taking TheJobCrowd to new heights. This is a great opportunity to be a part of that.