Starting salary: £23,000 - £25,000

What hours do you actually work, on average?

Start: 9:00

Finish: 17:30

Be passionate about why you want to work for Barratt in particular, not just why you want to work for a house builder. Therefore, you need to be specific and show that you have a detailed knowledge of our company, our brands and our products.

Don't be afraid to compare us with some of our competitors in your application - let us know why you think we stand out. Visit some of our sites, look round our show homes and ask for advice from current graduates via our twitter page.

Talk about you want to achieve by joining us. What impact do you think you could make? Also, what could Barratt offer you by giving you a place on the programme?

The assessment centre lasts for a whole day and can be quite tough. It is important to be enthusiastic, stay focussed, work efficiently on your tasks and think about the way you come across to others. You are being assessed on your ability to communicate, to solve problems, to negotiate and to demonstrate an understanding of how our business works.

Keep up to date with industry news in case you are asked to talk about any of the issues we are currently experiencing in the housebuilding industry. Prepare some questions to ask your interviewer and be sure to talk about any experiences you have outside of academia, as this can be a great way of expressing your personality.

Next review