We’re probably the biggest name you’ve never heard of. You’ve almost certainly eaten our food – you just didn’t realise it! As global leaders in the fresh prepared food industry with over 16,000 employees, we create innovative products, including meals, soups, dips, salads, desserts, pizzas and bread for customers including Tesco, M&S, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose in the UK. We’re ambitious, full of ideas, and we’re keen to find more people who share our passion for quality food to join us. We’re looking for the next generation of talented individuals to join Bakkavor and drive our success.
As well as being the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, we also have a growing international presence in the US and China. Our headquarters are in London, and we have 19 factories in the UK, 5 in the US and 9 in China.
If you share our passion for great food and our strong values, then this company is for you!
We have a diverse range of career opportunities and programmes available for you to kick start your career and make a real impact in the food industry.
Our Food Technology Programme
- The Technical function supports all functions and suppliers to ensure that manufacturing is done correctly, safely and to expected high standards.
- As a Grad on this programme you will work closely with internal and external stakeholders and could be based within the factory or an office, depending on the role.
- You will be working with our customers, as well as making sure that systems and processes are in place, to meet exacting customer and industry standards –
- You will be driving governance and standards across the organisation. Having established in which area of Technical you would like to pursue your career, within 5-7 years of starting, you should be aspiring to a Technical Manager role.
What you’ll need
You’ll need to have excellent organisational skills, and able to promote the highest standards in food safety. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends. You’ll also need:
Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in a Technical, Food or Science based degree.
- Three months’ work experience
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
- A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
- Flexibility to complete three rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (placements can be in any of our locations)
- Graduates who align to the Bakkavor Values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
- Reward Package
- Starting Salary – £27,000 + £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in Year 2 and £30,000 in Year 3 (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
- Pension Scheme
- Relocation Financial Assistance (for each graduate placement)
- Additional Holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
- Access to employee benefits – such as MyDrive Car Lease scheme
- A broad Support & Development Network
- A dedicated Champion for your functional programme
- A Mentor to support and guide your development
- You’ll join as a Cohort, with up to 20 other graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
- A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours set out in your programme.
- A Suite of Training & Development Opportunities
- Dedicated graduate leadership training events
- Programme Workshops and exposure to other functions
- Rotational Placements to broaden your experience
- Management Skills training
- Opportunities to further your development after the programme with Apprenticeship Qualifications
- Career Progression
- This programme acts as a route into senior leadership roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards these roles in the future
Our graduate programme is for people who can think bigger and grow faster. We created it to develop the future-leaders and shapers of our business. To learn more and apply online, visit:
After applying, you can expect to complete some initial questions around some relevant scenarios at Bakkavor, followed by an online psychometric test and a non-live video reflection. If successful, we will invite you to an assessment centre in January or February 2024. These interviews are for a September 2024 start on the programme.
If you have any queries about this programme, or the recruitment process, please contact us at: