The following is a Graduate Review for Merlin Entertainments.
Merlin Entertainments scores 3.6/5 based on 113 reviews.
All reviews are based exclusively on results of feedback from employees from Merlin Entertainments. Employees are asked to rate Merlin Entertainments on a wide range of work place topics, which is broken down through star ratings on the right hand side.
To find out how your Graduates can leave reviews of your company, please contact our Brand Manager Grant on 01825 725291.
What are the Best and Worst things about your job?
- The people you meet in Merlin are some of the most motivated and passionate people you will ever meet
- No day is ever the same
- I'm not just sat at a desk, I can walk around some of the most amazing attractions in the world on a day to day basis
- Getting to see the faces of our guests when we get it right and provide an amazing service
- I am constantly challenged which is brilliant
- Getting to move round attractions every 6 months
- Development weeks we do as part of the scheme meeting graduates from Asia and US as well as the UK. We get to meet very senior members of the business and receive brilliant training
- Personally, I love getting thrown in at the deep end and this job will certainly do that!
- It can be difficult to have a good work life balance as you will work weekends/evenings etc and often very long hours
- Moving attractions every 6 months can be difficult particularly if you had a great relationship with everyone at your previous attraction and struggle to get the same feel at the new attraction
- The salary isn't the highest
- I think also you need to find the right attraction for you, as they are all quite different so potentially one might suit better than another.
What is the annual salary for this role?
Starting salary: £21,000 - £23,000
Current salary: £21,000 - £23,000
What hours do you actually work, on average?
What advice would you give to someone applying to this role?
Look at the competencies and the values of Merlin and how you exhibit these values.
You will have online tests to complete so practice these (e.g. maths and verbal reasoning) before sitting the real thing.
Video interview - make sure you give plenty of examples and explain yourself fully
Do you have any interview tips?
You have a large group task before a 1-2-1 interview. Get as stuck into the tasks as you possibly can as it will give you an idea if the job is for you and whether you are inspired by the work that you have to do. You don't need to be the loudest person in the room (I'm certainly not) but you do need to contribute and show why you are the right person for the job. Make sure that you get your point across but also listen and include people to join in.
The 1-2-1 is usually with quite a senior member of management within Merlin but just don't let that intimidate you. Make sure you have lots of examples to back up why you are the best candidate. Most of all relax, and enjoy as it's a good fun day. Take advantage of the alumni graduates who come and visit at lunchtime and ask them plenty of questions.
Graduate Training Scheme Manager, Chairman's Office / Talent Acquisition at Reed Global