Associated British Foods (Grocery) Graduate Reviews

Employer: Associated British Foods (Grocery)
4.1
4.1/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 84 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Associated British Foods (Grocery) to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
High level of responsibility, awesome brands and fun people.Not much freedom after the graduate scheme to go where you want to.
Marketing graduate
Condiments team
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
Variety of functions to be involved with, at cutting edge of food and marketing sector, wealth of experienced from colleagues in the business.How much there is to do and that nothing is ever finished!
Career Sector: Arts & Media
Marketing Executive
Marketing
8.7
4.4/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
- Real jobs from the beginning. - Freedom to shape my role how I see fit. - A lot of customer interaction, no day is the same. - Exciting events and opportunities. - Good work/life balance - work from home on Fridays at some businesses.Despite regular training, you are not with the other graduates for the majority of the time, as you are split across different businesses and different roles. This is good and bad, but it does mean that at the beginning you can feel a little alone.
Sales Support & Development
7.7
3.9/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Welcoming colleagues. You feel like you can make a difference and have responsibility from day one. I've always felt valued even though I was new to the team at the beginning.
Supply Chain Graduate
Supply Chain
8.3
4.2/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Great training opportunities in a wide variety of areas. The people you meet on the scheme and in your companies generate amazing networks. For training a lot of travelling had to be done which can keep you away from home and the day job for long periods of time.
Craft Engineer
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
A great feature of the ABF sales graduate scheme is that from the off you know you're going to get exposure to various landscapes in the world of FMCG, due to the fact that you rotate placements after one year. Some of the businesses operate in very traditional FMCG markets, whilst others are slightly more specialist, so it's excellent to know you're not pigeon holing yourself. There is also a lot of training offered, and when on the training courses there is set content, however we are always able to explore in more depth topics we find interesting, it never feels rigid. My first year placement is in a field based role, and this is a really flexible role, where you are given a lot of responsibility and trusted to manage your own time and customers, meaning you have no option but to quickly develop lots of customer relationship management skills. In a field based role, it can be difficult to develop internal networks, and it can sometimes feel like you've been slightly forgotten about. Due to the nature of the role, it does also mean that some of the support you require early doors isn't always readily available, that being said, my business were very supportive and encouraging of me to be very open and honest about my experiences and someone was always a phone call away. Another challenge of a field sales role is that it can become quite lonely, as you are spending a lot of time on your own, in your car driving between customers. With regard to the scheme as a whole, it can sometimes feel a little unorganized, different people hear different messages about a topic, sometimes you are left confused as to what is really going on.
Career: Sales
Business Development Manager
Customer Development
9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 22nd March 2016 by Anonymous
Real responsibility from the start- it is a real job, but you get a lot of support.Some of the locations are far but with great businesses and brands to work with the movement is worth it!
Career Sector: Arts & Media
Marketing Graduate
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 10th March 2016 by Anonymous
Great company culture. Friendly and inviting employees who make you feel welcome. Rotational Graduate scheme means you gain experience across function and businesses. Good levels of responsibility. Exposure to senior management. Excellent training program. Good benefits.Can be relatively process based. Not London based (this could be a best depending on your preference) Offices in Kent, Maidenhead, Biggleswade, Peterborough and Andover.
Career: Sales
Sales
Sales
8.3
4.2/5
Date added: 15th February 2016 by Anonymous
Opportunities for travel - I have had the opportunity to visit all sites and travel round the country. I also went to The Netherlands and Germany visiting suppliers. You are given responsibility in each role which is very rewarding, but there is plenty of support in place if you have any problems.Role rotations can be given with very little notice. The company supports you when you have to relocate but it can be difficult to get settled into roles.
Maintenance Planner
7.5
3.8/5
Date added: 01st February 2016 by Anonymous
I particularly enjoy the travel aspect involved in my role. In only 6 months, I have visited two countries with more in the pipeline. My job has wonderful balance of routine tasks and challenging projects to keep me on my task. My company has taken a real long-term investment in me and I feel I am being developed for a long and successful career with the company.It is slightly frustrating to be working outside of London.
Career: Supply Chain