Associated British Foods (Grocery) Graduate Reviews

Employer: Associated British Foods (Grocery)
4.1
4.1/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 107 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Associated British Foods (Grocery) to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 27th March 2017 by Anonymous
The level of support and training we receive.Complicated spreadsheets that don't work properly!
Career: Supply Chain
Supply Chain Graduate
Logistics/Planning
Voted Useful by 1 Person
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 27th March 2017 by Anonymous
Great work life balance, great culture, people and team spirit. Enjoyable and varied work, travel.The first couple of years can feel a little slow as you're champing at the bit to get on, but that might just be me!
Customer Manager
Sales
Date added: 27th March 2017 by Anonymous
Real responsibilities yet fully supported.Quite a lot of travelling involved - to factory, agencies, training etc.
Marketing Graduate
Marketing
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 24th March 2017 by Anonymous
The opportunity to learn. I have worked on loads of different things since I've started and learnt so much already. You get ownership and responsibility from day one, whilst also getting loads of support to help you when you need it.
Marketing Graduate
Marketing
3.5/5
Date added: 20th March 2017 by Anonymous
The best thing is when I land a big piece of work - particularly with customers. These big wins make all the hard work worth it and there is real recognition from the business. Like all big businesses, there is a degree of internal reporting and aligning. This can be quite monotonous but the team tend to split the workload.
Account Manager
Sales
Date added: 16th March 2017 by Anonymous
Fantastic opportunities for career development. Great opportunities to learn about a variety of different areas of the business!
Operations and Supply Chain Graduate
Operations
Voted Useful by 1 Person
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 15th March 2017 by Anonymous
Working with supportive teams, lots of training is provided, breadth of roles offered, real responsibilities from the beginning.Each placement only last 3-4 months which can feel rushed but it means that the scheme can include a greater variety of roles.
Technical Graduate
Technical
Date added: 15th March 2017 by Anonymous
ABF put a lot of trust in you, and you're given a lot of responsibility from Day 1 of every role. All the Grocery businesses work with key retailers, so no matter where you are placed, across the 2 years you'll get great exposure to learning opportunities. The people are also great, I genuinely love coming to work every day, and it feels as though the businesses strike the perfect balance between working hard to get results, but having fun whilst we do it. The businesses/scheme in general can still feel quite hierarchical, and often messages can get confused as one person has heard one thing, someone else has heard something else and there's no clarity on what is actually happening.
Career: Sales
Customer Executive
Customer Development Scheme
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 15th March 2017 by Anonymous
The roles you are brought in to do are real jobs and you are able to see the outputs of what you do. You get involved in a variety of roles, which gives you an appreciation of the department as a whole and how it impacts others as well. You get the opportunity from very early on to build extensive networks with people all across the grocery group, not just in the business or department that you start in, which widens the scope for variety and progression by opening up the wider group. A lot of training gets provided for you and this is spread around the country to enable you to see multiple sites from different businesses allowing you to get an appreciation of the different processes and styles along with the different challenges that face each business and how they cope with that.The fact you are doing a real job can also be a downside as this can change quite rapidly due to the needs of the business, this can effect things like relocation and can sometimes make communication seem quite poor.
Graduate Engineer
Engineering
8.7
Date added: 14th March 2017 by Anonymous
I would say the best thing is the fact that I am exposed to a lot, not just Procurement. I visit with my suppliers and my colleagues suppliers, gaining an understanding of their manufacturing processes supply chains. I also visit our manufacturing sites across the country, and work with the Managers based there which provides insights into the operational aspects. With this, I get to meet a large number of key stakeholders within the business and work on building a good network.Whilst I love being out of the office travelling and seeing new things and interacting with lots of different people on a daily basis, I spend a lot of time driving across the country which does get tiring.
Procurement Graduate