Asda Graduate Reviews

Employer: Asda
Sector: Retail
4.0/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 84 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Asda to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

9.5
4.8/5
Date added: 27th January 2016 by Anonymous
Asda gives a clear development path with many possibilities. From the very beginning you are exposed to senior members of the business and a lot of time is invested in your development. I had to move away from my home in Wales.
Beer Buying Assistant
Beer
Date added: 27th January 2016 by Anonymous
The opportunities to progress are very big, there is always progression available and people are very willing to put time aside to support you. Additionally you get involved in very big supplier meetings from the get-go. There are so many opportunities to get involved in high-profile negotiations and projects from the get go.There are very few bad things to say about the role at ASDA, it is a high-paced role so you are expected to be organised and quick with turning around everything you do.
Buying Assistant
Chilled Trading
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 27th January 2016 by Anonymous
It is a challenging role and differs everyday, You get a good chance to network and work with many different functions, and you are introduced to every facet of trading you can think of! The job alone is busy and fast-paced. But as a graduate you need to be doing more than your usual role - you need to move very quickly.
Career Sector: Retail
Buying Assistant
Trading
8.3
4.2/5
Date added: 27th January 2016 by Anonymous
Opportunities to develop and follow your own career path. Support from managers. Culture in the offices - most people are very approachable and easy to talk to regardless of their position. Not especially hierarchical.Frequent changes in roles/business structure - but fine if you thrive on change and a busy environment!
Promotions and Events assistant
Core Chilled and Meal Solutions
9.8
4.9/5
Date added: 12th January 2016 by Anonymous
Responsibility Variety of work load Fast paced Recognition Exposure Work Life Balance Diversity of colleaguesWork load can sometimes be heavy however flexible work life balance makes up for this.
Strategic Resourcing Assistant
Strategic Resourcing
8.3
4.2/5
Date added: 11th January 2016 by Anonymous
The culture is fantastic. Asda really focus on not only the customer, but on their own colleagues. From day one a culture primarily supporting equality and fairness is supported throughout the company by instilling pride in each individual. The support and review structures in place really do put value into your own progression, and you can always feel certain that there will be someone available to discuss any issues or difficulties with. The benefits packages available are good, and the individual focus on your development really leaves your career in your own hands if you're willing to put the work in for it.Roles can be very demanding with long days sometimes necessary to complete tasks. However, this can be managed through discussions with your manager about work load and how to improve your efficiency to avoid these problems.
ALS Graduate (across areas)
Site and Projects Management
7.9
Date added: 08th January 2016 by Anonymous
Asda takes career progression really seriously, after three months of training I was found a project which fitted my own skill set and is seriously high profile. There is a real drive in the management team to get graduates as much exposure to industry leaders as possible, meaning that graduates can easily get noticed and have the ability to contribute to the activities of the business in a big way.Because Asda is so large and so much is going on, often the best opportunities are not the most local. As such there can be lots of travelling and relocation. Also, it's retail: don't expect much holiday time over Christmas.
Asda Logistics Graduate
Asda Logistics Graduate Scheme
8.9
4.5/5
Date added: 07th January 2016 by Anonymous
Fantastic company to work for; its size, reputation and links with Walmart are fantastic - giving wide opportunity to progress. Very welcoming when I started and I felt like I was supported through various ways. Can sometimes be a touch un-organised where following placements are, but understandable due to how big the organisation is.
Logistics Graduate
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 31st March 2015 by Anonymous
The best thing about working at Asda are the people I get to work alongside. I have had the benefit of meeting some great colleagues and friends who have not only provided me with a great working environment but also with the tools and skills I need to progress quickly in my career. I have a great team working around me. Another great thing would be the great opportunities open to you here at Asda - there are opportunities to go to the USA to Wal-Mart amongst many other progression opportunities. At Asda, everyone is treated and respected for their individual qualities. There are not many bad things about working here at all.... I would only say that the workload is high. However, I'm not sure this is really a disadvantage!
People Services & MI Assistant