BAM Construct UK Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at BAM Construct UK to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 24th March 2017 by Anonymous
Seeing a project go from a drawing to a finished building and knowing you have helped along the way.Long hours, especially when coming to the end of a project and there is a lot to be done.
Trainee Site Manager - Apprentice
Construction Management
Date added: 22nd March 2017 by Anonymous
Varied work, no two days/projects are the same. This means that work remains interesting for the most part. The advantage of project surveying is that although the job is primarily office based, there is constant opportunity to get involved with site activity. This prevents the feeling of being 'cooped up'.There is some repetition in some work processes but this can be expected with any job. Given the nature of the job, there is going to be times where people will be unhappy with the decisions you make. You must be able to deal with confrontation and be firm but fair in the way you deal with sub-contractors.
Trainee Project Surveyor- Apprentice
Commercial
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 22nd March 2017 by Anonymous
I really enjoy my job and enjoy working in a team environment. The construction industry is very team orientated and I enjoy having the communication with people on site and in the office and feeling part of something. I also love seeing the end results of a project where I can say I was involved in that building.The work load can sometimes be overwhelming but as long as you are determined and focus on time management, it can be handled correctly.
Trainee Project Surveyor- Apprentice
Quantity Surveying
Date added: 22nd March 2017 by Anonymous
The help and support received from line managers. Training available upon request. Responsibility offered but not pushed to the point where you are constantly out of your depth.Potential travel required on a daily basis to and from work.
Trainee Site Manager - Apprentice
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 21st March 2017 by Anonymous
Enjoying what I do on a day to day basis.Currently, dealing with more experienced operatives and addressing them when they are carrying out operations incorrectly.
Construction Trainee - Apprentice
Construction
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 21st March 2017 by Anonymous
The best things about my job are the progression I see and having challenges every day.The working hours can be long.
Site Manager
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 21st March 2017 by Anonymous
The people I work with!Long hours!
Trainee Site Manager
Construction Scotland
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 21st March 2017 by Anonymous
All colleagues are great. Approachable and have an interest in your learning, as well as including you in conversations, which makes you feel welcome as well as enjoying coming to work.Gaining more responsibility can be daunting - asking for extra workload/not getting extra workload can make you feel like a spare part in the team.
Technician Apprentice
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 21st March 2017 by Anonymous
The best thing about this job is the people you work with and completing a project with high quality and client satisfaction. The amount of paperwork.
Construction Management Trainee