BAM Construct UK Graduate Reviews

Employer: BAM Construct UK
4.1
4.1/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 59 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at BAM Construct UK to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 04th February 2016 by Anonymous
I got given genuine responsibility (managing a number of work packages by myself) from the start after taking a placement year with the company and being offered a graduate job off the back of it. I am working on the same project, with the same team as I was on placement meaning they trust me to get involved as much as I can. As well as this, I am active in the development of new technologies on site, as well as being put on regular training courses throughout my time with BAM. One great benefit of Construction is the social side. We go for drinks every Friday after work and I have been to numerous corporate events with our sub-contractors which is one of the things that separates a career in Construction with other industries.It is initially a bit daunting going on site and dealing with the diverse characters on a construction site, however it is something you quickly get used to.
Assistant Site Manager
Construction Management- South East
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 02nd February 2016 by Anonymous
- One of the top companies in the UK construction industry - Structured graduate learning scheme - Constant support from other disciplines to gain valuable experience - Promotes individual progression but with a team spirit - Different types of projects enable your work to be constantly changing and exciting - Competitive package plus great benefits (i.e. Car Allowance, Fuel, Memberships, Health Care, etc.) - Long term plans have been put in place and constant investment into my training shows commitment to my future. - Travel times to sites can be a challenge - Lack of support to change into other roles even for short periods of time to gain experience - Limited bad points so far
Assistant Project Surveyor
Surveying / Midlands
7.9
Date added: 02nd February 2016 by Anonymous
The encouragement to achieve and do well.Workload can be challenging at times but that's part and parcel of the job.
Assistant site manager
Dundee
9.7
4.9/5
Date added: 02nd February 2016 by Anonymous
The support and development that bam offer is outstanding, every person will go out of their way to help you.The windows system they are using is a bit dated but nothing you can't work with.
Quantity Surveyor
Bristol
9.1
4.6/5
Date added: 01st February 2016 by Anonymous
My first impressions at Bam have been brilliant. A company which is interested in developing me and investing in my long term future. Some of the benefits include: Car Allowance / Company Car Fuel Allowance (if based on site) Subsidized Gym Membership Company phone, laptop, tablet etc. and many more perks!There's not many bad points to be honest but as a Site Manager be prepared to travel and work away from home and work long hours.
Assistant Site Manager
Site Management
2.5/5
Date added: 01st February 2016 by Anonymous
The best aspect of my job is probably working within an office that has its own sense of a community. There are some great people around me that make me feel like I am part of something more than just myself. The worst aspect of my job is the fact it has to be done on a computer and that I am sitting down for the best portion of the day.
Assitant Visualiser
Design
5.1
2.6/5
Date added: 01st February 2016 by Anonymous
BAM offer a competitive salary and package. Whilst working for them they are reasonable with hours, as long as tasks and jobs are completed.Travelling to sites can sometimes be a big commitment, when Project managers expect you to be on site at certain times.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
7.2
3.6/5
Date added: 01st February 2016 by Anonymous
Competitive Salary and good benefits. Push towards gaining my APC for Quantity Surveying which is a highly regarded qualification.
Quantity Surveyor
South East
8.5
4.3/5
Date added: 01st February 2016 by Anonymous
The people are very friendly and supportive and there is no target driven aggressive culture. The hours. I work 7 to 5 and I think we could get just as much done between 8 and 4. These are standard industry hours so it's a big ask to change but I'd prefer to change.
Assisstant site manager
Construction site management
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 01st February 2016 by Anonymous
- Team Morale - Flexibility & Understanding - Opportunity - Stable Environment - Challenging I am yet to find anything that would class as a real hindrance to wanting to work here.
Assistant Project Surveyor