Reviews of Brightsource

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Brightsource to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

7.9
Date added: 16th April 2014 by Anonymous
The people I work with and the responsibility you are given on a daily basis. There is no blame culture, but you are expected to account for your actions and provide resolutions for the future.
Data Services Graduate
9.3
4.7/5
Date added: 14th April 2014 by Anonymous
- A lot of staff events such as the Christmas party, Brightfest -Excellent staff benefits eg: Free gym membership, Cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing week -Flexible working hours -Christmas raffles -Great people to work with -Free fruit My work is challenging with a high profile client but that keeps it very interesting. I've been involved in the industrialization of the customer communications for a major UK bank and it involved a lot of opportunities to get involved in critical development of the system.Nothing really
Data Services Developer
Date added: 11th April 2014 by Anonymous
The company has a very flat hierarchy that allows graduates to get involved in a wide variety of projects around the company to really accelerate their progress. The combination of striving for the highest levels of service and success with the no blame culture and systems of support means their is space to excel and convert hard work into success.There is sometimes a requirement to work slightly later, but this is always rewarded and recognised. You are definitely rewarded for the work you put in.
Client Services
8.9
4.5/5
Date added: 10th April 2014 by Anonymous
The best thing about the company is the people. Everyone is very friendly and makes you feel welcome from the very start. The other great benefits we get don't hurt either. We even get free fruit everyday.
Data Services Developer
Voted Useful by 1 Person
9.9
Date added: 24th March 2013 by Anonymous
Free gym membership. Cycle to work scheme (loan to buy a bike available). Travel season ticket and public transport interest free loans are available. Great colleagues- 18 new graduates over 2 years, so a fun office to work in. All of the people who are not graduates and have been at the company for longer are great too! Brilliant training provision for graduates- you really feel valued as an employee of Brightsource. The company really is committed to your personal development. High level of responsibility from day 1. Nothing really
Talk to clients via email and telephone about their direct marketing needs and products. Liaise and negotiate with suppliers to ensure timely and...
Client Service
9.2
4.6/5
Date added: 13th March 2013 by Anonymous
The friendly atmosphere, everyone asks each other questions and it doesn't matter how experienced they are. I suppose the company parties have to be specific highlights as well, great people to work with and great nights out to be had!There is a lot to know and sometimes it can be a little overwhelming!
I work with those in my team, as well as suppliers and our clients to ensure that the campaigns that we manage stay to schedule. I am also currently...
6.6
3.3/5
Date added: 13th March 2013 by Anonymous
The people I work with are unquestionably the best thing about Brightsource (out of many great things). The team I work within, and the people in the wider company, make my days at work fun and interesting. The people who make up Brightsource are fantastic. As a whole, we work hard, but have a good time too (in and out of work). We have great Summer and Christmas parties, as well as receiving hampers for Christmas and Easter Eggs! There is no clock-watching or time-sheets to fill out - you are trusted to meet your targets and manage your day. This is different to traditional agencies. We receive membership to a gym through the company. The clients we work with are often big-names, and are interesting and great to work with.
There are no 'typical' days at Brightsource. Every day is different and challenging, which is one of the good things about working here. In general...
8.5
4.3/5
Date added: 12th March 2013 by Anonymous
A great working environment with lovely colleagues. I was fortunate to start at the same time as six other graduates, who, along with other young people at the company, formed an immediate social group to provide company and support inside and outside of work. We were given an in-depth training programme and assigned mentors and peers to keep an eye on our progress and answer any questions we might have. It's a very welcoming atmosphere, and while it's a hardworking office, there is a strong social balance (with the summer and Christmas parties being highlights on the calendar)! The company is also very ethical and really takes care of it's staff and there are great benefits including 25 days holiday, free gym membership and an annual bonus. It's a company that strives for and celebrates success and offers a lot of responsibility to new staff. They are encouraging of new ideas and any personal career ambitions you might have. They also have a no-blame culture, so in the event something does go wrong, it's used as an opportunity to learn from rather than to criticise any mistakes! It’s honestly a bit of a struggle to come up with Brightsource’s ‘worst’ qualities! For some people, location may be an issue, but we have offices in London and Edinburgh as well as our headquarters in Cheltenham (which is a great place to live!) and management are very open to your interests if you have a particular desire to move from one to another.
I work within the creative team alongside other designers, artworkers and copywriters. Together we take and interpret briefs from project managers,...
Graphic Designer
Creative
8.5
4.3/5
Date added: 11th March 2013 by Anonymous
Great benefits, really friendly and open culture. Most of all, great people!Long hours sometimes.
I act as a first point of contact for clients on the tech projects that I manage. I have meetings with them to discuss their requirements (on new...
9.9
Date added: 11th March 2013 by Anonymous
Brightsource is an extremely forward thinking company, keen to explore new avenues and ways of working. This makes for an extremely exciting and fast paced environment to work in, especially for the graduates. In Phase two of the graduate schem,e we have been given live business projects to work on and help the company solve. Brightsource also has a great working environment located in the centre of Cheltenham, great new open plan office, top spec IT and free fresh fruit and gym membership. The staff at Brightsource are great, everyone is extremely approachable, and the graduates are provided with a great support network. Apart from the 8 week intense training period at the start of the scheme, there is also regular training available to improve your skills. Lastly, the staff are a sociable bunch, lots of regular meet ups and a great summer and christmas party.There aren't any!
As a project manager, our roles are extremely fast moving and varied. We oversee projects from start to finish so we get to interact with clients...
Managed Services