Credo Business Consulting Graduate Reviews

Employer: Credo Business Consulting
Sector: Consulting
4.2
4.2/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 72 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Credo Business Consulting to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
Highly meritocratic, very clear promotion and salary structure. Small firm with opportunity for high levels exposure and responsibility early on. Genuinely a really friendly firm. Long hours are not uncommon, especially towards the end of a project. Although some international travel opportunity not as much as some larger firms.
Associate consultant
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
My colleagues. It's hard to overstate the value of being surrounded by, and working with people who you can trust to do an excellent job every time and are always willing to lend a hand if you need it. More than that, from my first interview I thought that Credo seemed like a group of people I would really get along with. Countless long lunches, late evenings, and company trips later, I couldn't have been more right.The hours can be challenging at times as one would expect in consulting, especially late in projects. However, where possible we do what we can do to mitigate it and provide visibility (i.e. if you have plans one night, you can usually flag this and work around it even during a busy period). Equally, we don't have a 'face-time culture' and are free to leave once we're done with our work.
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
The company has a supportive and fairly relaxed culture, and the work is frequently varied and challenging. You can get a lot of ownership and responsibility very early on in your career. People are fun in and out of work, and the away weekend is a particular highlight.Hours can be longer than ideal and sometimes unpredictable (although if you have evening plans, your manager will usually do their best to make sure you can keep them). Some cases are not particularly interesting.
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Credo has a very supportive working culture - everyone is rooting for you to do well, so you get regular feedback and two types of mentor, and the atmosphere is generally very supportive. It's a fun place to work.The hours can be bad if you're working on a tough project - your case manager will try to give you forewarning of this but it is not always possible.
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 29th March 2016 by Anonymous
Great supportive and friendly culture, really interesting people, broad range of projects.Working patterns can still be quite unpredictable as we mature as a firm.
9.1
4.6/5
Date added: 29th March 2016 by Anonymous
Interesting work, great people, good opportunities to learn, very real respect of work life balance, great democratic atmosphere, and very good money, even when compared to other firms in the industry.Not much here but the companies we work for can be less household names than larger strategy consultancies, as with all strategy consultancies sometimes work will have to come above life. Benefits are worse than at other strategy consultancies (although this is probably offset by salary as above).
Consultant
8.9
4.5/5
Date added: 15th March 2016 by Anonymous
Great atmosphere overall, both in and outside the office. Young, flat and friendly company. Projects are interesting and varied. Very well-thought incentive schemes, which encourage positive developments for the company. No face time culture, hours much more reasonable than in other firms of the industry. Large share of profit re-distributed six-monthly as a bonus. Hours can still be long sometimes, depending on projects. However this is very variable and while on less busy projects on business development, work-life balance is great for the consulting industry.
9.1
4.6/5
Date added: 14th March 2016 by Anonymous
The best bits are probably the people and the company culture. Colleagues are bright, supportive, fun and we have regular social events / fun initiatives (Make Friday special, beer trolley etc.) taking place. Working for a smaller company means that you get a lot more involved in how the company runs. The work is quite varied and interesting. You can get a lot of responsibility quite early on. Hours can be unpredictable, particularly towards the end of the project. That said, average hours are still lower than at most consulting firms.
4.5/5
Date added: 11th March 2016 by Anonymous
Warren Buffet once said “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behaviour is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.” This is exemplified within Credo as being able to interact and "hang out" with such intelligent, motivated, helpful and fun people on a day to day basis will aid your personal development more than anything else could. Also great location, great pay (high for consulting), fairly sociable hours (again, for consulting), varied and interesting projects, great social events (Vegas anyone?) and plenty of reviews/feedback to help development (I could go on...)As per the course, hours can shoot up towards deadlines - the need to be flexible to the ever changing wishes of a client can be frustrating at times.
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 11th March 2016 by Anonymous
-The people at Credo are a key part of why I love the firm. We have a 'work hard-play hard' attitude to work which fosters a really great work environment. My weekends and time off are well respected. -The pay structure is great and the promotion structure ensures that you have opportunities to move up the firm often, but at your own pace. -Due to the size of the firm, we don't have access to every data source out there. Which can be frustrating sometimes.