CRODA Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at CRODA to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

6.4
3.2/5
Date added: 25th April 2017 by Anonymous
International company - engage with different cultures on a daily basis. Varied project workload. Good sharesave scheme. People are genuinely nice and helpful across the business. Location - some sites are a little in the middle of nowhere. Grad scheme rotations are only divulged a few months before needing to move.
Graduate Engineering Trainee
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 20th April 2017 by Anonymous
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 20th April 2017 by Anonymous
Working with creative people.Poor communication between departments.
Graduate
9.2
4.6/5
Date added: 19th April 2017 by Anonymous
Amazing colleagues and free lunch every day. Getting to finish at 4 on a Friday.Location, not close to any city. Living in Leeds the commute is a fair amount of time.
Career: Chemist
Marketing
Date added: 19th April 2017 by Anonymous
Real responisibilites and projects from day one. As many at the company would say: the people I work with. Dedicated, skilled and commited at work but fun and outgoing after hours. Every day is a challenge and my manager is able to give me lots to do and to look at. The company does well and is willing to invest in it's sites. This means that there are lots of important and interesting projects going on and many more smaller ones at most sites. From the perspective of an Engineer it provides a huge range of experiences. The 3 rotations mean that you are exposed to many different chemistires and technologies too. First placement was in France, which has helped me not only progress technically but also in terms of communication, influencing, and made me very autonomous. It has also given me a far greater level of cultural awareness than I would have had if I had only worked in the UK. The usual things associated with working on a manufacturing site. Projects can stall when more important problems arrise or when needs/situations change. However this is not really specific to the company and is an important lesson to learn.
Graduate Engineer
Site Engineering
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 19th April 2017 by Anonymous
Working on some interesting (for me) areas of science and chemistry and there's a lot of different work to choose from. That and the very generous free meals at some sites.Location of most sites isn't great but that's not Croda's fault as you can't build chemical plants in cities.
Various
9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 19th April 2017 by Anonymous
There is a lot of scope for progression at Croda especially as a graduate. Pay is not great, neither are the locations.
Career: Chemist
Buyer
Procurement
7.5
3.8/5
Date added: 21st March 2016 by Anonymous
There are a lot of new projects that have been rolling in and it gives me the chance to work on things that will have a large impact to the site. This also means that there is a lot of fresh design work that needs to be completed which is where my interests lie.My degree gave me an understanding of the theoretical side of the work, but it has been a challenge to develop my understanding about the practical side of engineering.
Mechanical Engineering team
3.5/5
Date added: 07th March 2016 by Anonymous
The rotational programme means that if you're able to experience many different roles before you have to decide on a permanent role. Each rotation is 9 months, which is enough time to allow you to get fully involved in different projects. When its time to rotate, the company does take your preferences into consideration. Croda invests a lot of time and money training you with various residentials. Although these are often fun and enjoyable, they do offer valuable learning experiences; on the residentials, I learnt a lot about myself in addition to learning business skills.Sometimes you can feel like a graduate trainee and not feel fully incorporated into the team.
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 04th March 2016 by Anonymous
High level of responsibility. Helpful colleagues. Good personal development.Lack organised technical training.
Process Engineer