Danone Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Danone to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.4
Date added: 14th August 2016 by name_1471209366
- Office culture and team. It may depend on the department, but the general work environment is great, and everyone seems approachable and friendly. - Plenty of on-site perks and rewards catered towards your well-being. - Emphasis on career progression and personal objectives, including the possibility of moving to other departments if you'd like to steer towards a different corporate route. - Always lots to learn and do. There's always new and exciting projects based on factors such as the season, social media trends, etc. (FMCG strives on this!). - Somewhat relaxed (yet professional) work environment where all employees have a voice and can freely speak up to all levels of management, including the GM's.- Has some bureaucracy issues. - Suffers from high turnover across all levels, right up to Director level. - High dependency on the French HQ, thus putting the UK on a tight reign when it comes to certain things they can do, cannot do or even will NEVER be able to do (the extent of this matter affects individual departments and their teams less/more than others of course). - Salary not completely competitive. Mine is below the industry average for London by at least 10% despite my past work experience and achievements. Heard this echoed among other peers as well in other teams. - Not enough large-scale social events and work can involve long hours for factors that are out of your control without even being recognised for it.
Account Manager
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 15th February 2016 by Anonymous
A great office atmosphere. It's relaxed but you are still encouraged to challenge yourself and grow. Danone spends a lot of time and resources on our personal development. I have attended various seminars on public speaking and presentations which have been vastly useful. My job is constantly shifting and expanding, it offers me new challenges to overcome. As my role flexes across functions, I get a great practical experience and insight into nearly all the core positions in a FMCG company.Whilst there are lots of benefits at Danone, such as a Healthy Lifestyle allowance, generous pension and great training, I would not consider the salary to be competitive. Being based in London makes this even more of a issue.
Account Supply Manager
Danone Waters
9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 04th February 2016 by Anonymous
Best thing about Danone is the culture- it genuinely is a company that cares about it's employees, promotes health within its workforce and facilitates a healthy work/life balance. The people who work at Danone also contribute largely to the best thing about working for them, as it is a young company who work well as a team and full business but who also have a lot of fun. Best things about my job are I have real autonomy in my role and have key responsbilities and ownership of many of the day to day runnings of the account. I get to take on projects which allow me to be creative and have outcomes that I can see in store and online. I am challenged daily and actively asked for my input when devising new strategies, generating ideas and explaining performance etc.
Career Sector: Buying and Selling
Career: Sales
National Account Executive
Tesco
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 21st January 2016 by Anonymous
You get a lot of responsibility right from the beginning. I was assigned ownership of the customer's online business; leading customer meetings and generating ideas to grow our online sales.Spend quite a lot of time completing admin tasks; reducing time spent on managing and growing business with the customer.
Career: Sales
National Account Executive
Morrisons
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 20th January 2016 by Anonymous
Real responsibility Great visibility and exposure to all levels and all businesses Variety- no one day is the same Training opportunities Internal culture- staff wellbeing and support Wage
8.3
Date added: 19th January 2016 by Anonymous
I am in my second year on the Danone grad scheme and often compare notes with friends on what their working life is like given we're all relatively new to the world of work. Despite my friends working for lots of different companies, across many different industries, I can honestly say that I have yet to hear of a company that cares more about its employees than Danone, and that is what sets Danone apart. Whether it be the company's approach to personal/career development, how it values your work/life balance or the numerous rewards and benefits available to staff, you always get the impression that your relationship with the company is a two-way street. This attitude ensures that Danone is an enjoyable place to work and employees are motivated to do their best for the company!
Assistant Brand Manager
Marketing
9.3
4.7/5
Date added: 17th January 2016 by Anonymous
Autonomy Being encouraged to use your initiative Learning and support Commercial exposure Hours
7.9
Date added: 15th January 2016 by Anonymous
It is great as a graduate to be put straight in at the deep end having the responsibility and accountability for delivering against business objectives. You can very quickly see the impact of what you are doing which is incredibly motivating. As someone with a background in healthcare I also really take pride in working for a business in which the nutritional quality or products and the care provided to customers is a fundamental pillar of the work we do. As with many graduate scheme's there is a requirement for flexibility and it is not always possible to get the rotation of your choice in terms of role, business unit or location. There is always an element of uncertainty as to where you will be placed next which can make it a challenge to have long term commitments to one location at least for the duration of the scheme.
Medical Sales Representative
Sales
8.4
Date added: 15th January 2016 by Anonymous
The autonomy you get given in your role and therefore the impact you are able to have within that role. Being then able to make tangible changes to the ways of working and the customer relationships. Having such a large responsibility from day one can expose you a lot which can be daunting with no experience in the field. However, it all feeds into the steep learning curve that is life at Danone!
Territory Manager