Fidelity International Reviews

Employer: Fidelity International
4.1
4.1/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 125 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Fidelity International to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

Date added: 28th March 2017 by Anonymous
The people and support and opportunities. It's such good career development and a steep learning curve. The rotational opportunities, and international experiences are great. Ability to take further exams - e.g. CFA exam and that's funded by the company.Very structured. Have to work for 2.5 years as a grad, and then tough to roll off into the desired position and at the right level.
Sales Support - Wealth Management
Sales Rotation
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 06th March 2017 by Anonymous
Good work/life balance, excellent relaxed culture compared to industry.if you aren't a self-starter or particularly innovative you will not get noticed.
Investment Writer
Business Management
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 06th March 2017 by Anonymous
The support structure within the graduate programme is great, you can obtain advice from your line manager, HR manager or mentor and also have the ability to influence your rotations.The rotations can be based at any of the three locations in the UK (London, Surrey and Kent), which can make it quite a long commute if wanting to live in London.
Operational Management Graduate
Operations
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 05th March 2017 by Anonymous
Variety of work and level of responsibility.Be prepared to put in lots of solo work. You will work with teams, but have to prepare yourself first!
Investment Graduate
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 03rd March 2017 by Anonymous
I am not at my desk all day long, I get to go off and be creative for example by viewing venues, doing food tastings or putting together gift bags. My team are really lovely and very supportive. The department I work in is very friendly and flexible. I get to travel to London on quite a regular basis which is a nice break from the same office. Event management does involve more on the computer than I first imagined. This includes spreadsheets, word documents etc. It's not that I dislike this, it is just my least favourite thing about the job as I love the more creative and active roles.
Event Co-ordination Apprentice
Multi Asset
7.3
3.7/5
Date added: 02nd March 2017 by Anonymous
Opportunity to be working for such an established/recognised company.Not always having the support available.
Client Operations
Pensions
Date added: 02nd March 2017 by Anonymous
Being able to work collaboratively with my team on a daily basis, working together to find solutions to various problems that tend to arise.It's not always a problem but sometimes communication can become one. Being a global company working with locations such as India, you do come across situations where you will need a member of staff whose time zone e.g. India is 5 and half hours ahead of you. Therefore you would be required to wait until the next working day in order to get the information or resources that you need.
Technology Apprentice
Technology
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 01st March 2017 by Anonymous
The best thing about my job is the people I work with and the work itself. The people I work with in my department all like to enjoy a little bit of banter in the day so people's perception of office work being boring and just sitting at a desk 9-5 will be wrong. We often take walks together to get coffees and like I said we all partake in some banter between the team members.The bad thing about this job is the lack of communication between company hierarchy and the lower people i.e HR, me, my boss. I have had a situation just recently where my pay rise after 1 year was rejected and the communication I got after I appealed and asked for some simple explanations is that if I work hard and my boss agrees then I would get my pay rise at the next opportunity. I had another performance review after 6 months and I was told on that call by a senior person that I would not be getting my pay rise because they only review pay once a year, which shocked me and my boss because even he was unaware of this decision, so in this case the communication needs to be a lot better than what I have witnessed in my situation.
SharePoint