Grant Thornton UK LLP Reviews

Employer: Grant Thornton UK LLP
4.0/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 327 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Grant Thornton UK LLP to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

Date added: 13th April 2017 by Anonymous
The people you work with, from associate to partner level.The work, especially at a low level, can become monotonous if you do not get a variety of different tasks.
Graduate - Tax Associate
Tax
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 11th April 2017 by Anonymous
You get to work in many different places and the people I work with are great.The workload can sometimes get tough when you are studying and working at the same time - although we do get lots of support.
Graduate Associate
3.5/5
Date added: 10th April 2017 by Anonymous
Every day presents a different challenge.The workload can be very demanding.
Real Estate Tax Advisory
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 10th April 2017 by Anonymous
Challenging work. Given responsibility from the off. Variety of work - studying for college, working on range of clients - e.g. steel works in Birmingham or Blenheim Palace in Woodstock. Get good benefits - specifically Time Off In Lieu - basically any overtime I work in the beginning of the year I can take as holiday later on in the year. Team working environment of the audit - with other young people. Good career and salary progression.Travelling everywhere can get annoying. Self-study whilst doing the day job. Working weekends.
Graduate - Associate
Audit & Assurance
Voted Useful by 1 Person
Date added: 10th April 2017 by Anonymous
The people are incredibly friendly and helpful, not your typical accountants. As well as this the work is fast-paced and challenging.There is little flexibility in the early years. It is not a job where you are your own boss until you complete the ACAs (or similar qualification) this will not be the case.
Career: Tax
Graduate - Associate
Real Estate Tax team
5.6
2.8/5
Date added: 05th April 2017 by Anonymous
Lots of variety and exposure to different clients in different locations; gain a good understanding of the finances of lots of different types of businesses. Not the norm to work beyond standard working hours outside of exam times and perhaps busy season. Long commutes, lots of exam pressure, totally reliant on client's timely provision of information.
Date added: 04th April 2017 by Anonymous
Variety - never two days the same.Lots of lone working.
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 04th April 2017 by Anonymous
The team I work with - they always have time to answer my questions and explain the technical side of what I am doing to ensure I fully understand the work I am completing. I enjoy getting out of the office to meet with clients and attend college to study towards a professional qualification. I wouldn't say there is anything 'worst' about my job. The client take on processes need improving as these are unnecessarily lengthy - work is being done to speed up the process and things have started to change so I'm hopeful this will continue.
Tax
Date added: 04th April 2017 by Anonymous
Experiencing different industries, and being able to move around after completing an audit - this makes the time pass very fast.Overtime and trying to study and work on the same day.
Audit Associate
Voted Useful by 1 Person
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 31st March 2017 by Anonymous
How much GT appreciates the work I do and how much value is given to my presence at GT.Exams are my challenge - anything else about work I enjoy!
Audit Associate