Kent County Council Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Kent County Council to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 13th February 2017 by Anonymous
KCC is one of the largest local authorities in the Country and provides more services than I could have ever imagined. This provides you with the opportunity to be exposed to various areas of the business, and meet a wide range people. This ensures the work stays varied and interesting. There is also a real emphasis placed on personal and professional development. As a graduate you feel valued and are fully involved in shaping your own career. There are very few negatives to this role, the organisation can feel very large at times which can be overwhelming and does take some time to learn, but this becomes easier the longer you are in the organisation.
Trainee Operational Researcher
Business Intelligence and Development
Voted Useful by 1 Person
7.4
3.7/5
Date added: 02nd February 2017 by Anonymous
A real sense of value, and a fast-pace of self-development.Public sector organisations can be notoriously slow to achieve big change, which costs the organisation. Also commuting.
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 27th January 2017 by Anonymous
Ability to make a positive change that ultimately benefits the people of Kent.Parking is costly (non-work premises).
Management Trainee
Kent Graduate Programme
3.5/5
Date added: 26th January 2017 by Anonymous
Being involved with so many different directorates, I've been exposed to so many different teams. Consequently, I have developed a varied repertoire of skills, many of which were completely new to me.The scope of the work is incredibly varied, and so there will always be some tasks to do that I won't find enjoyable, no matter how much I try to specialise away from it.
9.2
4.6/5
Date added: 26th January 2017 by Anonymous
The range in day-to-day opportunities (different tasks, different teams and different locations). The commuting into work if you do not live in the base location. Kent is a very large county so you have to be prepared to travel long distances.
Transport planner
Highways, transportation and waste
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 25th January 2017 by Anonymous
Every day is different. I also spend much of my time working out how to improve residents' wellbeing rather than making strangers money.Having to maintain the same level of outstanding services in the face of cuts and austerity.
Management Graduate
Community Safety
7.2
3.6/5
Date added: 25th January 2017 by Anonymous
The variety. Some days I can be working with apprentices whilst another day my role involves producing high-level plans for the council's future. The graduate role is unique in this regard because there are very few career opportunities that will allow you to see so much of such a large organisation in 2 years. Working in a public sector organisation has its challenges. I have had to learn about working with elected officials, and how to manage your relationship with them, as they often are required for final approval on large pieces of work. Political sensitivity is an inevitable part of council work.
Graduate Management Stream
Project Management
9.3
4.7/5
Date added: 22nd January 2016 by Anonymous
Varied role, lots of opportunity for development, supportive environment
Management trainee
Kent Graduate Programme - Management stream
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 15th January 2016 by Anonymous
Having responsibility for a range of different projects related to highways and transportation.
Data Analyst