Softwire Graduate Reviews

Employer: Softwire
4.3
4.3/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 56 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Softwire to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 13th April 2016 by Anonymous
Working for an aspirational company that values the happiness of its employees above all else. However, also high on the agenda are contributing positively to the community and those less fortunate than ourselves which is fantastic. Closer to home, we also aim to provide services of the highest quality and try to improve knowledge and delivery constantly.I have to pay the Severn Bridge toll to get home from work and parking fees in Bristol.
Career Sector: IT Support & Telecoms
Career: IT Testing
Quality Manager
QA
7.5
3.8/5
Date added: 07th April 2016 by Anonymous
Lunch.Having to go off site to News UK.
News UK
9.2
4.6/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
It's an incredibly social company, with loads of social events happening throughout the year.The work can be challenging.
London
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
A very friendly, supportive and relaxed culture. A lot of money in the morale budget for very regular morale events, pub trips, conferences etc Full of intelligent people, who care and are enthusiastic about their work. Very diplomatic internal structure - Employees are trusted and encouraged to take on more responsibility and be part of company-wide decisions.
C# Dev
8.7
4.4/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
The work atmosphere is great and generally relaxed and fun. We have a pool table, Wii room and office piano as well as plenty of social events! (Board games, trips to the theatre, Friday pub, ...) Your wishes and needs are always respected and you're constantly being asked whether there's anything that could be improved or whether there's anything they can help you with or do for you. Moreover these things actually happen - I've made suggestions that got put into practice the next week!A number of people work quite long hours (of their own free will) so you can end up feeling guilty for just working a regular day, even though in fact that's absolutely fine by the company... Same goes for taking time off ill.
Development
9.7
4.9/5
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
A lot of choice over work. A lot of variety within work. Good work / life balance. A lot of social events.
Developer
Date added: 31st March 2016 by Anonymous
Being in a friendly, supportive atmosphere where everyone is eager to learn and is actively encouraged to do so.The stress caused when you're working towards an estimate and are worried you won't be able to deliver it on time, to as high standards as you want.
Support Team
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
The good working environment and willingness to listen to employee feedback. Many interesting software challenges and scope to develop own career path.
Softwire Engineer
9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Softwire was founded by three programmers who wanted to make a place they would enjoy working for. Making Softwire awesome to work for has remained the primary goal of the company. As part of that we output exceptionally high quality code, giving me pride in my work each day.We hire only the best. So the interviews are technically very challenging.
9.5
4.8/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Friendly and supportive colleagues. Relaxed workplace atmosphere. Challenging and rewarding work.People don't believe me when I tell them we're going on a company conference in Majorca this summer.
Software Delivery