Whitbread Graduate Reviews

Employer: Whitbread
4.2
4.2/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 65 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates working at Whitbread to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

4.7
2.4/5
Date added: 08th December 2016 by Anonymous
Good starting salary for a Graduate. Can give the building blocks needed for a successful career in hospitality management if you are lucky enough to be placed under the right management.Luck of the draw as to which managers and area managers you are placed under. In my experience, many feel that the graduates are 'handed everything on a plate' and therefore aren't supported at all by the area managers who have this mindset. The Graduate scheme at the minute is very disorganised. Large changes to management positions, as well as changes to the running of the scheme means that many are left without training/mentoring for months at a time. Graduates can often find themselves being used as 'spare labour' within the hotel because of this. Often going without the training needed to ensure the hotel is running smoothly when understaffed. Not once during my time here was I aware of any graduate being able to have the 'personal development days' needed, nor are there any graduate 'mentors'.
Whitbread Graduate Operations Manager
Graduate Management
Date added: 01st April 2016 by Anonymous
I work on one of the UKs biggest property development pipelines.The deadlines can be relentless.
Property Graduate
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
I run my own hotel and lead a team in excess of 50 people. The trust placed upon you is excellent, it makes you feel very valued and appreciated.There are times when you want to take a few moments to gather your thoughts but it's so busy that you can get a moment to switch off.
Operations Graduate - London Region
9.9
Date added: 22nd March 2016 by Anonymous
I love the office culture and the support offered by the senior management teams, they would do anything to help a graduate.At times it can be hard to balance the day job with the studying.
Finance Manager
Finance
9.8
Date added: 22nd March 2016 by Anonymous
Fully funded and supported CIMA or ACCA professional qualification. People are lovely and the best at what they do. Graduate community is great.High level of autonomy, which can be overwhelming in the early days.
Finance Graduate
Premier Inn
Date added: 15th March 2016 by Anonymous
You are given the chance to run a hotel really quickly and the company is experiencing really high levels of growth both in the UK and internationally which is really exciting.You need to be someone who can deal with a high level of autonomy and also manage high numbers of team members.
Hotel Operations Graduate
9.9
Date added: 14th March 2016 by Anonymous
I have the keys to my own hotel. I have the autonomy to run the hotel and the teams in the best way I can, allowing me to bring my personality to work.It can be hard work and the days are often very long.
Operations Graduate - South
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
The opportunity to run your own site and lead your own team.The hours can be long and the work physically demanding.
Operations Graduate
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
The responsibility and accountability given to you from day one. The value that is placed onto you as a graduate, you are trusted with budgets and making real decisions.In marketing the targets are always moving and you can sometimes find it hard to find the time to get everyone thinking off the same page.
Marketing Graduate
Marketing
6.5
3.3/5
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
- Responsibilities given. - Diversity of tasks. - Progression opportunities. - Regular meetings with line manager for support and feedback. - Relationship with co-workers which were very welcoming and are generally very supportive.- The location: Whitbread Court is located in Dunstable which is not the best location for a social life. - The Smithfield offices feel very temporary, there is not enough seats for everyone during busy days and the WiFi can be very bad.
Career Sector: Arts & Media