Allianz Insurance Reviews

Employer: Allianz Insurance
4.1
4.1/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 137 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Allianz Insurance to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

Date added: 08th March 2017 by Anonymous
The working environment and the opportunities offered. There is a lot to learn within a short period of time. It's very challenging however, also very rewarding.
Career: Accountancy
Claims Graduate
Claims
Date added: 07th March 2017 by Anonymous
People I work with. Responsibility given.Tedious reporting.
Career Sector: Banking and Finance
Finance Graduate
Finance
9.6
4.8/5
Date added: 07th March 2017 by Anonymous
Fantastic work-life balance, enjoyable job which is challenging yet rewarding.Finding the time to study for professional qualifications
Commercial Insurance Graduate
Date added: 07th March 2017 by Anonymous
My colleagues are great and I have made some great friends since being here at Allianz. Allianz are also really good at recognising the hard work you put in. It is obviously very rewarding to here positive feedback and only motivates you more.I work in SBT and there is a lot of phone work which can get tiring towards the end of the day.
Assistant Underwriter
Maidstone SBT
Date added: 07th March 2017 by Anonymous
Highly independent, managers are usually quite hands-off to graduates, but support is still there when needed by various forms of mentors/buddy's. I was able to spend 6 months in India with the company which was a great experience and made me feel very valued. There is a huge level of investment in the graduates. Most development course or qualification I wanted to attend I could, provided I could prove a valid business justification. Salary is fair and you are eligible for the annual bonus in 2nd year. Also opportunity to buy 5 days additional holiday or roll over 5 days from previous year is useful.Placement quality can vary. Some management seem to be there due to time served not suitability for such a role, this can cause problems in quality of workload and support. It is up to you to work around this though. Also the head office is in Guildford and it is not a good place for a young graduate to live/work (very boring). Similarly a lot of the other offices are located in undesirable locations. If I could not get a job after the scheme in one of Allianz's premium offices, I would look to move employers.
Career: Consultant
Management Trainee
Mixed
Training and development.Location.
5.8
2.9/5
Date added: 06th March 2017 by Anonymous
I have been lucky and placed in a role where they were under resourced so have been given a lot of responsibility and opportunity to get involved.Location for all offices aren't great.
Web Optimisation Exec
Marketing
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 06th March 2017 by Anonymous
When you report into a good manager, the programme works fantastically and you are well supported and in control of your development. You can work with very senior colleagues and have opportunities to work with them. It's pretty much a 9-5 job as well, with no real take home work beyond CII study.When you have a bad manager, you end up doing drudge work and learn very little. There is not a lot of cohesion between placements and nothing to tie it all together overall. CII training is good, but not always relevant for day-to-day work and the training you do receive for that can be variable depending on team and how busy/helpful they are. In reality, international opportunities are very few and far between.
Allianz Management Trainee
Date added: 06th March 2017 by Anonymous
Technical aspect. Trading skills.Managing conflicting deadlines.
Assistant Underwriter
Engineering
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 06th March 2017 by Anonymous
The support is available if needed but left to own initiative where possible. Left to drive my own work and development as long as communicated with manager. Lots of different opportunities to get involved with, but not handed directly to you.Poor organisation and communication by HR scheme coordinators. Little preparation for new starters and often systems and access not available when it needs to be.
Management Trainee