DCC plc Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at DCC plc to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

7.3
3.7/5
Date added: 29th January 2016 by Anonymous
Good exposure to various parts of the business and also the chance to work in different sectors throughout the group. There can be a contradictory element between what you are told in theory/training and the reality in terms of how certain aspects of the graduate scheme work. This can be frustrating.
DCC Graduate
9.3
4.7/5
Date added: 28th January 2016 by Anonymous
Fast paced, changing environment which always looks to develop you as an individual.
Marketing Executive
Marketing
Date added: 28th January 2016 by Anonymous
The best thing is the very diverse experiences that I get during my rotations. Having already in my first placement experienced two very different markets, I get exposure to a wide variety of people and knowledge while executing clear value-added business projects.Coupled with variation is of course the regular stress of moving around, changing teams and the need to adapt quickly. While this is very exciting, educating and fun, it does put a strain on you, especially when adapting to new cultures.
Business Management Graduate Executive
8.3
4.2/5
Date added: 18th January 2016 by Anonymous
The variety of industries/roles we get to experience before settling down into a long term career.
Business Sales Executive
Sales and Marketing
6.5
3.3/5
Date added: 15th January 2016 by Anonymous
Sense of community, even in a big company.Locations of offices.
Business Development Analyst
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 15th January 2016 by Anonymous
Variety, level of responsibility, support network.
Project Manager
IT
9.4
4.7/5
Date added: 14th January 2016 by Anonymous
The variety of experiences that the graduate programme offers.
6.9
3.5/5
Date added: 14th January 2016 by Anonymous
Good group of graduates. 13 of us in total which is good size in which we all know each other and can keep in contact regularly without it being difficult; also means that we can support each other and make plenty of friends. Another good thing is the graduate rotation process, giving you experience across varying subsidiaries and jobs so that you finish the scheme having a better outlook on what/where you would like to work. The companies that DCC are involved in are very large and very profitable organisations and are still relatively new to having graduates on the scene. I think therefore that sometimes you are not taken full advantage of in terms of your skills and as an extra body really. Everyone is lovely but I think sometimes people need to keep throwing things at you to make sure you are always busy and involved. I'm always asking for work so it isn't really an issue, but once the company gets a bit more used to having grads around it'll get better.
Graduate Sales and Marketing Executive
Surrey
7.7
3.9/5
Date added: 14th January 2016 by Anonymous
My colleagues have been nothing but warm and welcoming since day one and have made it incredibly easy to settle in and become part of the team. The work I have been given is work that is genuinely important to the team and the company and I have been given a great deal of responsibility; my manager is always at hand however to offer advice and guidance if needed. As for the DCC graduate programme itself, support is provided to help you gain the necessary qualifications you may require and intense training is given to help you adapt to the working world. Graduates seem to be incredibly valued by the company and advance quickly through the ranks once they complete the programme.The image of it's subsidiaries sold by head office and the reality seem to be slightly disjointed. There also seems to be resentment among some older staff of the changes made by DCC since acquisition and perhaps a slight hint of negativity towards graduates and the importance of the roles they are given. While the company sells an exciting idea of living in 3 different locations over 2 years often these locations are quite remote and not near any major cities. There is also the possibility of being uprooted and moved to a different city in the middle of your placement.
Career Sector: Arts & Media
Energy
Date added: 14th January 2016 by Anonymous
Friendly colleagues and environment. The opportunities and experience offered. Training and development is strongly supported and provided throughout the 2 year graduate programme and beyond. On the graduate programme, the opportunity to move every 8 months and experience new industries and new roles is an excellent experience.Moving every 8 months can be hard at times as you just settle into one place when you move again. However the development opportunities and business experience you gain far outweighs any negatives.
HRIS Analyst