Simmons & Simmons LLP Reviews

Employer: Simmons & Simmons LLP
Sector: Law
4.0/5 average employee rating (as reviewed by 51 people)

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Simmons & Simmons LLP to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

7.3
3.7/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
There is a decent work/life balance and every department has some lovely people in it. Hard work is usually appreciated.Alongside the nice people, every department has its difficult characters as well. The quality of work varies massively from department to department.
Corporate
8.6
4.3/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Expertise of people you can learn from combined with their openness and willingness to train you.
N/A
8.4
4.2/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Very supportive and open culture. People are approachable and interested in you and your development. Great trainee intake. Real respect for diversity and inclusion. Lots of cultural events organised. The hours are long however that is a feature of corporate law.
7.6
3.8/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Friendly environment. Open door policy. Good work. People are willing to explain things to you to help you learn. A good range of work. Fortnightly drinks trolley in litigation and weekly cake trolley in corporate.
Career: Paralegal
Corporate
8.1
4.1/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
The people; the work environment; the high-quality clients.The retention figures.
Projects
7.7
3.9/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Decent levels of exposure to good work; the quality of training in some departments is excellent.Few opportunities for international secondments, and it's very easy to be forced into a client one.
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
Very supportive atmosphere so if you are working late, you won't be alone or unsupported. Great social opportunities through sports, internal networks, and department events.
Financial Services
8.8
4.4/5
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
The people - I know this seems a rather trite response but it does ring true here. The people are interesting, fun, approachable and brilliant at what they do. It makes coming to work every day and working long hours enjoyable. We are a really close trainee cohort and I would consider them very good friends. I went travelling with three of them before we started and we intend to go away again. The building - I haven't had an external window for 2/2 seats. It's a bit like being in an airport. I don't know what time of day or night it is.
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
People friendly firm; flexible; no face-time culture; variety of work; responsibility given early on.Hours can sometimes be tough.
Corporate Law
7.9
Date added: 30th March 2016 by Anonymous
The level and variety of the work I'm asked to commit.The unpredictable hours, and the fact that my time is not my own, in the sense that I react to tasks, there is limited scope to be proactive.
Trainee