Sophos Reviews

All of the below job reviews are anonymously written by graduates and apprentices working at Sophos to provide you with a unique insight into working there.

7.1
3.6/5
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
Lots of exciting new projects are being pushed through the pipeline and there are lots of opportunities involved with this.Tends be a lack of forward thinking and organisation, which means that people get moved around the department a lot without much thought as to their skill sets.
7.5
3.8/5
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
Everyone is friendly and easy to get on with. Low pressure environment, not stressful at all. Lots of opportunity for learning.Seemingly stagnant career progression. Seems difficult to move up within the company.
Enduser Security Group
9.2
4.6/5
Date added: 09th March 2016 by Anonymous
Excellent work life balance, friendly working environment, free pastries and team lunches.
4.5/5
Date added: 11th February 2016 by Anonymous
Challenging and enjoyable work. Enthusiastic team mates. Great working environment. Ability to work with a wide variety of different technologies. Building innovative solutions to complex problems. Working in the security industry is fulfilling and interesting.Being called up out of office hours.
Graduate Systems Developer
Systems Development
8.2
4.1/5
Date added: 10th February 2016 by Anonymous
Disability support - I have epilepsy and Sophos are providing unlimited support for me. An independent health management company contacted my doctor to make sure that the right provisions were in place for me. They were very professional and sympathetic when I had my first seizure. They paid to send another team member to take a first aid course so that there was support available straight away. They have offered to put facilities at home for me should I feel unable to come into the office. Learning and training opportunities - My manager trained me starting with the basics and moved to the more advanced work when I was ready. He supported me when there were parts I did not understand and no question was stupid! The whole team are always offering to help. I was given responsibility early on in my career - I work closely with several regions on performance analysis. I have also been given sole responsibility over several reporting areas, including competitor analysis and environmental reports for public disclosure. I feel like I am allowed to work independently and my work is trusted. Although if needs be my manager is always there to do one-to-one training so that I am always progressing. Facilities - Sophos is a tech company so it is all about having cool and colourful surroundings. We have games facilities available in the canteen, such as table tennis, a pool table and football tables. The canteen is also pretty cool - there is quite a decent selection and it is also subsidised by the company so it's cheap too! There are also loads of colourful seating areas available to work or take breaks at. We even have 2 kitchens per floor where there are free snacks and fruit! My team - They are not your typical accountants. We knuckle down during the busy parts of the year but we can share a joke as well! The whole team work in an open office environment so everyone is always helping each other. Even the executives work in our open plan office - our CFO has an open door policy! No sorry I don't have any!
Career: Accountancy
Graduate Accountant
Commercial Finance
7.8
3.9/5
Date added: 10th February 2016 by Anonymous
Solving interesting problems. Working in a friendly atmosphere. Company is doing well. Engineering team is big enough to cover a diverse range of experience and problems but small enough that you can get to know a large proportion of the team.It can be a challenge working on a team that is globally distributed.
Career Sector: IT Support & Telecoms
Career: IT Security
Software Engineer
Engineering
9.2
4.6/5
Date added: 10th February 2016 by Anonymous
Lots of responsibility Fast paced environment Great team of people Support is always available
Career: Accountancy
Graduate Accountant
Commercial Finance
7.5
3.8/5
Date added: 09th February 2016 by Anonymous
- Great working environment with friendly people and a really nice office - Lots of opportunities to learn about new systems etc. - Flexibility on many things such as working hours (depending on team) - Free cake!- Many Sophos specific systems which take a long time to get to grips with - Whilst the office is lovely it is not located near any train stations (pain for going to visit family and friends, and meant I had to live close by)
ESG
8.5
4.3/5
Date added: 09th February 2016 by Anonymous
Working environment is relaxed, open and productive. Opportunity to develop my career. Lots of support and collaboration.None.
Graduate Solutions Developer
6.2
3.1/5
Date added: 30th March 2015 by Anonymous
- Lots of knowledgeable senior colleagues to learn from - No messing around; contributed to real work from day one - Free fruit/cake- Inflexible working hours/ 5:30 finishes
Engineering